SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Put my signature on my new Sierra
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Put my signature on my new Sierra Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Damn nice looking truck. I love that color. I'll be in the search for a new Chevy/GMC in about 5 or 6 months. I buy new and keep them for about 16 to 18 years. Always happy with the brand. My daily driver right now is a 2002 Chevy Silverado Quadrasteer with 235,000 miles on it. I'm sure gonna miss the quadrasteer function when it dies.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dkjbama:
I LOVE that color on the new GM trucks. Congrats man.

I've just started noticing it too. I like it as well.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Cool ride! I have a 98 ram 1500 5.2 v8 I have fixed up with 33" tires. But getting the itch for a new truck when I turn my bimmer in off lease.

What made you go with the GMC over the competition? I have owned 4 new GM-Chevy product in the last 20 years, so not anti-GM, but it seems the review sites always put ford on top, and I have some things I like a lot about the Ram (ride is awesome). But i probably like the LOOK of the GM more.....

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I've read the issues with the ball joints associated with leveling kits, but seems like mostly I heard they were over the 2.5" size. Hope that's true, since that's the route I went....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
Picture of Protein anchor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
You're making me want a new 1/2 ton. Definitely like the color, but I still prefer the old Indigo Blue Metallic paint from 01-03.
Kinda curious what you think of the new Silvy/Sierra as a daily? Wish they still offered a manual transmission too.

I am a bit different in that I mainly commute on a train to downtown Austin. The traffic here is horrific - so I decided to live on the last stop on the Metrorail. That being said, the truck handles great! I like driving it and the gas mileage is fin - ~15-16 putting around town, and up to ~20 on the highway. I did not really care all that much about mileage though for the reason above.

----------------------------
Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rekstrom:
Cool ride! I have a 98 ram 1500 5.2 v8 I have fixed up with 33" tires. But getting the itch for a new truck when I turn my bimmer in off lease.

What made you go with the GMC over the competition? I have owned 4 new GM-Chevy product in the last 20 years, so not anti-GM, but it seems the review sites always put ford on top, and I have some things I like a lot about the Ram (ride is awesome). But i probably like the LOOK of the GM more.....

I like the looks and interior and exterior of the GMC the best (rather than Ford). Also, the GMC is quiet inside, more so than Ford. My truck rides like a caddy...smoooooth.

The Bose system is better sounding and the touch screen is nicer too on the GMC.

All of that said...13k off of MSRP during truck month helped too!

Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phil in indy:
Damn nice looking truck. I love that color. I'll be in the search for a new Chevy/GMC in about 5 or 6 months. I buy new and keep them for about 16 to 18 years. Always happy with the brand. My daily driver right now is a 2002 Chevy Silverado Quadrasteer with 235,000 miles on it. I'm sure gonna miss the quadrasteer function when it dies.

Thanks!

I remember those. Cool. Great idea at the time.

By the way...I grew up in Plainfield, IN...just across Indy from where you are now.

Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Nice! I bought a new Sierra last year. Mine's bright red though.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Very nice truck Protein!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Damn that's nice!

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys!

Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

posted Hide Post
Really like the color, the black wheels and bed cover go well with it.

Posts: 3595 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Really like the color, the black wheels and bed cover go well with it.

Thanks! Yeah, I really don't care for a lot of chrome on a truck. I decide to black it out a bit instead.

Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase