SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Put my signature on my new Sierra
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Put my signature on my new Sierra Login/Join 
Professor Smack-Down
Picture of Protein anchor
posted
Picked up a 2017 All Terrain last month - made some changes. I went with Fuel Assault wheels and 275/60R20 Nitto Grappler G2 tires - quite quiet and smooth. I dropped in an 18" Magnaflow SI/DI with black tips. No drone to speak of, but sounds just right on start up and when you step into it a bit. I evened the rake out to just + 3/4" at the rear by installing drop shackles. Lastly, the Bose system sounds great, but I like a little more low end. I had a fiberglass box made inside the storage on the passenger side - the side I will never use. It adds the right amount of low end and is nice and clean, no mods or drilling, and out of view. Anyway - pics below.

----------------------------
Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Looks good!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3639 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
The Grapplers are awesome. I have them on my Suburban and love them. HUGE improvement over the factory rubber.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is an aggressive hombre!

Did you keep the factory tires? I'm looking for a set of 245/70R17 108T Wink

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
I LOVE that color on the new GM trucks. Congrats man.

Posts: 775 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Is it safe to assume it will never see off road?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Love the color.

Have to ask though, why lower the rear rather than level the front? You're going the wrong way Wink

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3593 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Wow, that is an aggressive hombre!

Did you keep the factory tires? I'm looking for a set of 245/70R17 108T Wink

I sold the rims and tires. I was surprised at the premium people will pay. I was only about 200 bucks off from paying for the new rims.

Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Is it safe to assume it will never see off road?

Never? I would not say that, but you would be safe in assuming 95% of the time will be on nothing more than paved. I do like to go off the beaten path on occasion, which is why I wanted true AT tires.

Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Bad ass ride!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Love the color.

Have to ask though, why lower the rear rather than level the front? You're going the wrong way Wink

Dropping the rear is an easier process - and less expensive. Raising the front tends to put components at a bit of a angle - then you have warranty concerns. Lastly, I would then needed to go 34 or 35 inch tires to fill out the space!

RINOWSO is mostly correct - this is mainly street. If I lived in an area or owned land that had more true off-road opportunities I might have done a 3 inch lift with bigger tires.

This set up will be fine for mild conditions. It does have the Z71 package too, which means skid plats and such.

Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Looks beautiful. I like the wheels/tires too. I got my blue 2500HD Denali a few weeks ago. Loving it so far. I went with the Kicker sub/amp in the same location. It definitely made the sound better by a significant amount. In car handsfree phone audio quality is 1000X better than my 2011.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
very nice - like the color as well, nice wheels

I can't wait to get my Tacoma back - its been in the shop more than 3 weeks getting repaired

I have a rental Suburban and while its nice, its too big. I can go on a hike inside Smile and get lost

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
We used to call that a sub bass enema.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
You folks in Texas do some weird shit to your trucks. Wink
Looks pretty.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
We used to call that a sub bass enema.

Ha. I can see that. I've never sat on one, but can certainly see why you would call it that.

Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

posted Hide Post
You're making me want a new 1/2 ton. Definitely like the color, but I still prefer the old Indigo Blue Metallic paint from 01-03.
Kinda curious what you think of the new Silvy/Sierra as a daily? Wish they still offered a manual transmission too.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I approve.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dkjbama:
I LOVE that color on the new GM trucks. Congrats man.

It seems to be popular down there. There's another one in the background.

I like the color too.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Protein anchor:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Love the color.

Dropping the rear is an easier process - and less expensive. Raising the front tends to put components at a bit of a angle - then you have warranty concerns. Lastly, I would then needed to go 34 or 35 inch tires to fill out the space!

RINOWSO is mostly correct - this is mainly street. If I lived in an area or owned land that had more true off-road opportunities I might have done a 3 inch lift with bigger tires.

This set up will be fine for mild conditions. It does have the Z71 package too, which means skid plats and such.

Leveling kits are known to EAT ball joints on late model GM trucks.

You've got me tempted to drop the back of my 08 a smidge. It sure would make crawling into the bed with my short legs easier. Do the lowering shackles effect load carrying capacity any?

Posts: 775 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post