SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hollywood upset about low ratings about the Oscars
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hollywood upset about low ratings about the Oscars Login/Join 
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted
It seems that Hollywood is perplexed about why the public does not seem to be interested in the Oscars anymore. My and alot of other movie goers reasons for not watching the Oscars anymore is that the academy went from celebrating outstanding movies and actors to being a political soapbox platform for the far left agenda.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFCUSARET:
being a political soapbox platform for the far left agenda.

Well that, and they are putting out a pretty crappy product.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven’t been to a movie theater in 30 years, why would I pay my money to a bunch of liberals who hate my way of life (hunter, gun collector, conservative), I would be just as happy if they all disappeared!

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Good. F*ck ‘em.

Posts: 2009 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
In 2014 there were 43.7 million viewers for the Oscars telecast.

Every year from 2014 to this year, TV viewership has been in a descent.

This year—26.5 million, an almost 40% drop in 4 years. Well earned

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
They would find it impossible that I would rather watch an old British man fish for trout on YouTube than their liberal circle jerk.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
And the award for Best Victim goes to...

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Who else turned the fucking channel when that shit came on? METOO

If Jimmy windbag Kimmel is hosting ANYTHING, I will change the channel.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the Oscars?? And who cares?

Eddy Noll

Posts: 289 | Location: Missouri | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well uhh your name is hollywood, hollywood.

Posts: 107506 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
My wife watched it for 5 minutes. They were talking with whoopie, and damn, she looked worse dressed up. It was Hideous I tell you, just hideous. Aggghhhhhhh !!!!!!

What a shit show.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

If Jimmy windbag Kimmel is hosting ANYTHING, I will change the channel.

I'll give a double nod to that. That douchebag--like the rest of them--needs to get off his high horse.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFCUSARET:
It seems that Hollywood is perplexed about why the public does not seem to be interested in the Oscars anymore. My and alot of other movie goers reasons for not watching the Oscars anymore is that the academy went from celebrating outstanding movies and actors to being a political soapbox platform for the far left agenda.

I maintained my long running streak of never watching the Oscars. I love good movies (especially the older movies from the golden age) but I really hate the Oscars TV show. Most of it is pure political BS. As I told my wife ( who likes to watch the Oscars) it is the most narcissistic event you will ever see. I was playing records last night. Had to keep the volume down though, darn it.

Oscar = a large pretty Cichlid that eats goldfish.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Vanity Fair: "See, what had happened wuz..."

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107506 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hollywood5150:
What is the Oscars??

No matter how many times I see that, it still seems as fresh and witty as the very first.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
No matter how many times I see that, it still seems as fresh and witty as the very first.

By that you mean Not at all?

Forrest Gump against Shawshank Redemption for best picture.... that's the last one I saw any of.

Posts: 21098 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Well, I didnt watch again this year. Anyone know who won Best Pedophile this year?

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It wasn't worth my time. As far as I'm concerned the quality of movies has plummeted of late. But keep wrecking classics, old TV shows, and comic books.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I think there was a tie!

quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Well, I didnt watch again this year. Anyone know who won Best Pedophile this year?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwright1951:
I haven’t been to a movie theater in 30 years...

I think the last movie my wife and I went to, going to the theater, as a date, was Perfect Storm.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post