SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Haunting photo from Aleppo described as a novel in one shot
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Haunting photo from Aleppo described as a novel in one shot Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
It looks like a colorized image from WWII Germany after the war.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Looks like his Victrola is still working. Wonder what he is listening to?

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Wonder what he is listening to?

Ride of the Valkyries?

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Looks like his Victrola is still working. Wonder what he is listening to?

AAAAAllllllaaaaaa... baalllllaaaaa.... aallllaaaaaaaaa

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
French Provincial furniture?
Makes sense since the French were there around WW1.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess our minds each create a story. I see an old man who wants no part of what is happening, but is too old to fight.

Someone else might see an ISIS leader.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see a man allowing himself a few minutes of reverie before getting back to survival tasks at hand.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I see an old man who is trying his best to carve out something resembling quiet enjoyment in the midst of Hell on earth.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I don't find cause for cynicism is this or any grounds for humor for that matter.

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I see a man that I wish I could help

very sad photo

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Years ago I stated that Obama's lack of action was a good thing. I liked the idea of turning the civil war into an Islamic meat grinder and let them kill each other, arm both sides and let them go at it. The refugee crisis is a consequence that is to big and costly for the killing of militant age men to be acceptable.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The refugee crisis is a consequence that is to big and costly for the killing of militant age men to be acceptable

All the military age men beat feet to the west

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:

All the military age men beat feet to the west

If that's true, who is doing the fighting and killing over there?

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
It is a very sad thing, that his government has brought this upon him, and he is too old to take part in resistance.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I see a man who is tired and trying to maintain some sense of civilization in the midst of chaos.

quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Aleppo has a large Christian population.
http://www.breitbart.com/natio...-fear-return-rebels/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
I see a man who is tired and trying to maintain some sense of civilization in the midst of chaos.

quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Aleppo has a large Christian population.
http://www.breitbart.com/natio...-fear-return-rebels/

My God, that place is fucked. I read that article, but I have no clue who's fighting who, who is a proxy for who, who the rebels are (are they all ISIS, other unsavory groups, or what), what Russia and other countries in the region have to gain by involvement? Fuck what is considered a good result for US there in the end?

The only thing I can take away is that the exemption for persecuted minority religions in the first travel EO might kinda, sorta, made sense to leave in there.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Looks like my house when I can't find my keys.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29694 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A devastated old man who is reliving a few more moments of his former life, before he either takes a deep breath and carries on, or lays on the floor and turns inward.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
TOO many of these types of photos out of Syria. A god damn mess over there.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Fitting irony that a Nazi sympathizer would find himself in similar ruins.

Probably listening to Wagner.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post