SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are you using protection on your remotes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you using protection on your remotes Login/Join 
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Years ago when LED televisions had just hit the market, I sprung for a 46" model and a Blu-ray player for the fam. We had it a total of two days before the youngest jr DF puked all over the remote. None of the boys wanted to touch it. Mrs DF and I were on a date, so there it sat in puke for the evening. That's a shake your head moment. I picked it up with a paper plate formed into a shovel and tossed the whole wad in the garbage. Had to order a new one.

So you wouldn't touch it either huh??? Tough Guy! Wink

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Y'know, I've been using remotes for several decades now, and I've never felt the need to wrap mine in plastic. Come to think of it, I've never had a remote get what I would consider "dirty" either. But I don't snack on the couch, and I usually wash my hands regularly too.

I guess if you're the type of person who routinely sits on the couch munching on Cheetos while flipping channels, and frequently have trouble remembering which hand is the orange one, then some protection is probably a wise move.

Or if you have young kids. Because little kids have an overwhelming urge to smear their grubby, sticky, snotty little paws on everything. Though you might as well wrap everything in plastic. Big Grin
Do what we did. Wrap the kids in plastic.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
chide and poke fun all you want , but don't come whining to the forum when
the repair man can't get the stripper glitter, the lube or the snort out of the buttons
because
April, Storm and Shy Shy can't wash their hands before they turn on their reality shows

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
I'm heavily invested in an immune system.

Hah...this! I drop by the local Comcast office once a year or so and get a free new remote. They do get grungy. If you do not live near a local office I imagine your cable company will mail you a new one for free? We sure pay them enough every month! Just tell them the old one is defective.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I don't skydive, ride a motorcycle, have a tatoo or know anything about MMA but I'm a red-blooded American Male with a nose for danger and I handle random remotes even when the channel doesn't need to be changed-oorah!

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Years ago when LED televisions had just hit the market, I sprung for a 46" model and a Blu-ray player for the fam. We had it a total of two days before the youngest jr DF puked all over the remote. None of the boys wanted to touch it. Mrs DF and I were on a date, so there it sat in puke for the evening. That's a shake your head moment. I picked it up with a paper plate formed into a shovel and tossed the whole wad in the garbage. Had to order a new one.

So you wouldn't touch it either huh??? Tough Guy! Wink

I'm not sure which is worse, warm vomit or cold vomit....don't really want to find out either. I would have worn a hazmat suit if I could have. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post