SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A simple reminder....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A simple reminder.... Login/Join 
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AMEN!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Very haunting, yet oh so true. God bless those who gave their all for freedom.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
God's Blessing to all patriots, living and especially to those who laid their lives down to give us the freedoms that we as a nation enjoy (and many take for granted)...it is a debt that we can never repay.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
God's Blessing to all patriots, living and especially to those who laid their lives down to give us the freedoms that we as a nation enjoy (and many take for granted)...it is a debt that we can never repay.

Another amen.

I recently spoke with an older gentleman as we walked out of the grocery store at the same time. I noted he was wearing a baseball cap with the a patch for a WWII Carrier. I shook his hand, told him thank you. He became a bit solemn, said we should both be thanking those who didn't make it home.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
We recently ran across this gentlemen and my wife wanted to get a photo with him. He obliged with pride. When we thanked him for his service, he said the same thing. The real heros never made it home.

Another amen.

I recently spoke with an older gentleman as we walked out of the grocery store at the same time. I noted he was wearing a baseball cap with the a patch for a WWII Carrier. I shook his hand, told him thank you. He became a bit solemn, said we should both be thanking those who didn't make it home.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
WE ARE AMERICANS! Amen and Amen.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post