Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Borya Login/Join 
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted
My best friend Borya, (Borzoi/ Russian wolf hound)died this morning. Not sick, eating like a horse, happy as hell,only 6 years old. Literally just fell over dead. I've read dozens of threads here concerning people losing their dogs and every time dreading when my buddy's time would come. This sucks.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Damn. Sorry for your loss, I know how big a part of your life they become.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15208 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
God has plans for our pets too, sorry for your loss

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8342 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
My condolences for the loss of your friend! I can imagine that the shock of losing him that way is terrible!

In my mind, I think that having him taken instantly like that is preferable to having him waste away from one of the diseases our canine partners are subject to.

I hope you can gain some comfort from the knowledge that you gave him a good home, all the love he could handle, and that he died painlessly and happy!

I am sorry for your loss...
Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
God Speed Borya! And may your human pets find peace amid your passing.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Thank You
His food is still in the bowl beside me. Took him to get cremated, cried like an 2 year old.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your buddy. The unexpected nature of his death must greatly magnify your feelings. I'll bet you had a lot good times with him during his 6 years. You'll always have those memories.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I lost my precious Lab, age 12 and still vigorous, just like that. Napping quietly by the front door, jumps up, runs upstairs, and drops dead in the bedroom. Her vet was unable to determine a cause.

I was devastated. The thing that helped me the most was burying her in the back yard. It takes a lot of effort to properly bury a 90+ lb. carcass under six feet of hard red VA clay, but you gotta do what you gotta do, and expending the "sweat equity" helped me get past my initial overwhelming grief.

But not completely, this happened over 25 years ago, and I still miss her.

Please accept my condolences for your loss.

Posts: 6453 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

Божья скорость, Волк.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences. My oldest cat, Rusty, died at age 8 when he failed to recover from an ear operation. I was unfortunately away from home when it happened. I had him cremated and his ashes rest in a lovely vase.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry Cayenne. Heartbreaking. Godspeed Borya.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. That does suck big time

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Wow. Only 6 years old. Small consolation but you gave him the best home possible for his life.

But I can see how that sucks, no "he's getting old" to prepare you. I just don't know what to say except sorry.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Our pups are some of God’s most enjoyable blessings. The loss only hurts if there was a caring relationship between you and your pup.

As soon as you can, find another pup that needs a good hearted owner.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My condolences on the loss of your pal.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I always admired your dog.

I am sorry that such an unexpected tragedy befell your home.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
My condolences, I lost my 6 year old Cane Corso Stella in July, had a couple of seizures,did a scan and found a brain tumor. Never woke her up. Heart breaks every day on how much you miss them.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry for your loss. It is never easy, but 6 is way to young.

R.I.P. Borya.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
That's terrible. So sorry to hear. The older I get the more I really love dogs. Sincere condolences.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post