SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hey Stickman, step inside
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Stickman, step inside Login/Join 
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted
If things go right, I'm buying a 1980 Suzuki GS750. Original (deceased) owner. 12,000 miles in very clean shape. The wife even gave me permission.

Pics hopefully to follow.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Saweeeeeeeeet! Cool

Thats crazy low miles! Do you have any pics? Good job on getting the wife to sign off. Going that route is better than coming home and saying "hey honey guess what I got today". Big Grin

If you get it we will have to set up a NC/VA/WV group ride and range session with some SF members.

Fingers crossed that it works out for ya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
It's a small one owner bike shop. He closed at 3pm, and closed on Mondays. He said he bought 5 bikes from the guys estate. New tires, battery, minor touch ups.

I have a Yamaha TTR 250 dirt bike I haven't ridden in ages. Going to get it working and sell it from the same shop.

Going to stop by tonight, if it's out I'll get some pics. I about crapped my pants when he told me what he wanted. I expected 3 times as much.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That GS750 is a beautiful bike. I hope it works out. If you do get it you gotta join me and enter your bike in the 2017 Bull City Rumble. It is a glorious vintage motorcycle show and burlesque show in Durham NC on Labor Day. It's truly wonderful, there is incredible variety and the people at that show are just a super cool group of entheusists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I don't want to say I'm looking at this bike as an investment, but I'm pretty sure it will hold it's value better than my dirt bike.

I had a friend in high school that had a Kawasaki KZ650 with a Kerker on it. Every night around 11:30, I would hear him speed shift that thing when he left work. It just sounded so fucking amazing.

As much as I'd like to Café it, if it's all original, I'm leaving it stock, but I'll add a Kerker or SuperTrapp. That sound...

I honestly don't see myself riding it that much. Just staring at it. I love air cooled inline 4's, especially Suzuki. They speak to me. I totaled my last bike hitting a deer, and I just said "Fuck it, I'm done", after 30 years of riding. Haven't ridden since 2006. It was a 1200 Bandit, with pretty much a GSXR 1100 engine with milder cams. I had done some work to it, it dyno'd at 125hp and 85ft/lbs.

Doesn't help this time of year, seeing bikes. They are my addiction. I never sold my dirt bike, even though I never rode it, just so I could say I still owned a bike.

I just won't drink Red Bull when I ride it...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Posted by ASKSmith,
quote:

Probably a good idea. Stay away from that 5hr energy mess too. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's kind of funny. Only time I ever drink Red Bull is when I'm riding.

Enjoy the "new" bike.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
My Grail bike is an 86 GSX-R 750. I'd settle for an 1100.

A close second would be a 6 cylinder KZ1300 or CBX1100. I heard a KZ1300 with an aftermarket exhaust. It looked like an octopus humping a basketball, but sounded insane.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
They are out there. That said the prospect of fining a low mile, never wrecked, clean example classic GSX-R750 with zero mods could be difficult. If I find one I'll let ya know for sure.

Those CBX bikes are wild. They almost look like a straight six out of a car was stuffed into a bike frame.

Someone turned their CBX into a track bike that is just insane. I would have left it stock but this is one of the better CBX customs out there. Look at all that carbon fiber. Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
That CBX is sexy as hell.

I honestly didn't think I'd ride again until I got my retirement bike. A Goldwing with handicapped plates.

Stick, did you watch that video of the English doctor with his emergency bike?

-----------------
I apologize now...

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I saw it, it was incredible. His blend of humor and medical experience was quite captivating. Tragic that he died. I think that man had one of the most interesting jobs ever. Could you imagine having a beer with that doctor, talking bikes and listening to all the stories he had?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I have a close friend who is quite noted in the paramedic community. I told him he should get some fast response bikes.

His answer was not polite.

-----------------
I apologize now...

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I saw it, it was incredible. His blend of humor and medical experience was quite captivating. Tragic that he died. I think that man had one of the most interesting jobs ever. Could you imagine having a beer with that doctor, talking bikes and listening to all the stories he had?

Hey, don't you go bein' a spoil-blanket! Share.

tac

Posts: 11314 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Hey Tacfoley, of course I'll share the vid. I believe he is Irish. Yes, I understand it's a bit long of a video but it is absolutely worth watching in its entirety. The man could give one hell of a presentation.

Enjoy. Smile

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/MsZBXlTHPCg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
ASKSmith, Did ya get it?

On a completely unrelated note, I saw the most beautiful (except for the wheels) Hayabusa today on the interwebs. If I ever do get a Hayabusa I would absolutely ditch that hideous factory tail in favor of something like this. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
My grail bike is an '86 GSXR-750 too. The problem is I HAD one from '87 to '91. Never should have sold it... Miss you Bessie!

On CL recently here in PHX, there was a low mileage MINT '86 GSXR-1000 for $12,000.

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post