SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone know anything about backup cameras? (looking for one that isn't junk)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know anything about backup cameras? (looking for one that isn't junk) Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
I'm not talking about a whole unit, just the camera itself.

I plan on putting in a new head unit soon that is camera friendly, but everything I look at seems like junk. Lots of fogging/moister issues. Are the "good" ones? Good brands rather than just the $10-$20 Amazon Chinese junk that seems like a roll of the dice on how many months it works?

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
We used to sell one where the monitor attached over your existing rear view mirror.
No idea if it was any good... It was just amusing because the item description on the printed receipt was "Strap On".

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
^^Wink. Smile

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I sell tons of the Advent (Audiovox) Cam335. It's a cube camera that comes with a license plate mount. Good picture and 3 year warranty. Cam345 is an angled camera if you want to drill and flush mount it to the trunk lid above the license plate. Retail is $130; I'm sure a lot cheaper online.

Depending on the vehicle, there are specialty cameras that might look better, or more factory, ie. Ford emblem or BMW handle cam, but you're not going to get a significantly better picture than the ones I mentioned.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post