SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So I was Playing A Few Reagan Videos Tonight...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I was Playing A Few Reagan Videos Tonight... Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
...I have saved on my laptop. And I was astounded by how much those words of decades ago parallel our days of today. I was born in 1974 and raised in the 80's. Reagan was my hero. My family is Northeastern Democrat, but I know that in 1980 and 1984 my family voted Reagan.

Just listening to his speech is amazing. The first video speaks to what it means to be an American. His words are almost chilling. Something I believe I was taught when I was young, and something I think we need to teach more of. I was in sixth grade science class when I watched the Challenger disaster. And I also remember where I was when the President spoke to us about it. The other two videos also speak to America, the way I believe (and hope) it should be. The "Reagan Revolution" and "The New Patriotism".

"We...Are Americans"

"The Future doesn't belong to the faint hearted; it belongs to the brave"

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate enough to have seen him give a speech in person. Everyone walked away feeling better than when they arrived. Always forward looking and full of hope.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8349 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It's a simple answer after all...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29680 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I'm reading "Killing Reagan" right now, and it continues to amaze me how much he was the 'right person in the right place at the right time.' I was in my teen years during his presidency, so I didn't pay too much attention to politics back then, but I did see his motorcade drive down the interstate (1988 in Columbus, Oh; he was campaigning for Bush Sr).

He was a truly great president.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Relevant today 52 years later:

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
We need more like him. Thanks for posting.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6037 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I, like many here on this forum, was lucky to have served with Reagan as Commander In Chief - and what a total difference in moral between Carter and Reagan. Is has to be akin to the last 8 yrs and now the new president. Not that I am making a direct R to T comparison - just the feeling the military must have.

Anyways God Bless Reagan - he came along at a time the United States, and the world, needed him. He's hoping for future Reagans and Thatcher's.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post