SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Air intake vacuum switch valve
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air intake vacuum switch valve Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
Can someone tell me what the air intake vacuum switch valve does? Car is a 2002 Toyota Corolla. One of the hoses was broken off the vsv. Engine started running rough, we also have an evap system error code. Could this be the cause of both?

VSV is in the lower middle of the picture near the green tag.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
In a nutshell... YES. The EVAP code is from the vacum line being broke. The rough running is from the broken hose also.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
On command from the PCM, the VSV causes engine vacuum to suck in, to be burned in the combustion chambers, fuel vapors from the tank. One end is hooked to intake vacuum. If it breaks you will get a vacuum leak and an EVAP system code (probably P0442).

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys, for the help. I've got a replacement part on order.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post