New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone backup Login/Join 
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted
I backed up my iPhone to my MacBook's iTunes. Now I want to wipe (No Hillary, not with a cloth) my phone and restore it with just my Contacts. Is there a way to do that?

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to do that? Yes!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
posted Hide Post
Thanks JB, I guess I left out one important point. My iCloud account is maxed out at
5 gigs of storage and I'm trying to do this without paying for more iCloud storage.

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Maybe you could try de-selecting your photos from the icloud backup options, if you have that checked. That may free up enough space so that you don't have to jump through all those hoops. Especially if you have them backed up to your local system.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
posted Hide Post
It really doesn't have to be this hard. It's Apple's way of making you buy their product.

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17

posted Hide Post
Is your Mac computer synced with your iClould account. If it is then everything should already be on your Mac where you can access it.

It should then be a matter of just wiping your data on the phone and setting your iClould settings to just sync contacts and not anything else.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Change your backup option to "local computer", then backup and restore from your Mac.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P229 357SIG Man:
Thanks JB, I guess I left out one important point. My iCloud account is maxed out at
5 gigs of storage and I'm trying to do this without paying for more iCloud storage.

50 gb icloud storage is only 99 cents a month

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post