SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you had nearly a half-million dollars to drop on a ring, would you buy it at Costco?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you had nearly a half-million dollars to drop on a ring, would you buy it at Costco? Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Since it's Costco, wouldn't you have to buy a case of them?

Posts: 8614 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
If I had half a Mil to spend on a ring...it would be AFTER I stopped at the Porsche store and I bought myself a couple of 911's a GTS Cayman and maybe a Cayenne or Macan for everyday.

Winner - I've always told my wife that if I won the lottery, the first thing I'd do is drive over to the nearest Porsche dealer(Spokane) and pickup a nice car or two or three. Unfortunately, I don't buy lottery tickets.

Good Judgement.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
If I had half a Mil to spend on a ring...it would be AFTER I stopped at the Porsche store and I bought myself a couple of 911's a GTS Cayman and maybe a Cayenne or Macan for everyday.

Winner - I've always told my wife that if I won the lottery, the first thing I'd do is drive over to the nearest Porsche dealer(Spokane) and pickup a nice car or two or three. Unfortunately, I don't buy lottery tickets.

Good Judgement.

I didn't win the lotto and didn't snag this in Spokane, but....

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
No, I'd call Dave Truong. Big Grin

As I said after I got a ring for my wife last year, "Don't fuck around, call Dave."

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
No doubt that this is a fine diamond, however if we were looking for comparables, there is a diamond located in Hong Kong that I could purchase for $305k, that's even larger. I would charge 5% profit, so figure your Sig Forum price would be $325k.

With diamonds even though GIA is the authority and gold standard in diamond grading, there is a range in color and clarity. It is still subjective.

Who am I sending this 10ct to???

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6009 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
IF you have the coin for a $500K stone, you already have the 3 Porsches, a Rolls, probably your own jet or a share in NetJets, several million in the bank, millions in stock holdings and it's chump change to you, but makes the trophy very very happy...

Plus you'll put the ring in a trust, it's kept in a safe for special occasions and in the event of a cash shortage you'll pawn it for a quarter million and never think twice about it...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last weekend I saw a $10k Omega watch at Costco. I was wondering who would buy that at a discount warehouse and do how do they sell enough of them to even bother ordering one?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget the 2% Executive member benefit and 3% reward if you use your Costco VISA.

Knocks the price down to just $398,050...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
short answer : no

======================================

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Last weekend I saw a $10k Omega watch at Costco. I was wondering who would buy that at a discount warehouse and do how do they sell enough of them to even bother ordering one?

Gray market. Costco buyers buy from authorized dealers who cannot meet quotas.
Deal set sells Costco buyer a handful of watches at cost, or a few bucks over cost (50% of retail).
Costco sends them to stores for a decent margin, and we buy them for a significant discount.
Dealer keeps his authorization because he met his quota.
Costco made money.
Buyer is happy because they received a significant discount over retail.
Everyone is happy.

That’s exactly how it works.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I would buy anything from anyone if they gave me the most desirable combination of service, price, and superior product. I would buy a Porsche from a Volkswagen dealership if the product was real and the price was good.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regarding the stone in question, there is a GIA report on the link. It’s not bad and the clarity is nice for the size. It is a 60/60 stone and will likely show more white light brilliance than fire/dispersion (colored light return). If I were seriously considering it, I’d need to see an ASET and sarin/helium scan. But I think it’s a little obnoxiously big anyway. Plus, you know, the price. Smile

I wonder how it would do with an AGS report instead. I’d think the table and height would hurt it a bit.

Posts: 385 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Sure would.

And the I’d use my points to pay for the honeymoon.....through Costco!

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
I would buy anything from anyone if they gave me the most desirable combination of service, price, and superior product. I would buy a Porsche from a Volkswagen dealership if the product was real and the price was good.

Way back when, the Porsche and VW dealers in the OC were one and the same.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure about the price, but Costco supposedly has pretty stringent requirements for jewelry suppliers.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
420K for a diamond that probably costs less than 1K to harvest, cut, and mount.

Suckers born every minute.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post