SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sen. Orrin Hatch Will Host Re-Election Fundraiser
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sen. Orrin Hatch Will Host Re-Election Fundraiser Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I'll make you a promise. If it looks like the demo might win, I'll hold my nose again and vote for Hatch. But I may need a long shower afterward.

Why don't we boot Hatch out in the primary? Do you remember when we made Bob Bennett cry because he got his ass kicked by Mike Lee?

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:
I'll make you a promise. If it looks like the demo might win, I'll hold my nose again and vote for Hatch. But I may need a long shower afterward.

Why don't we boot Hatch out in the primary? Do you remember when we made Bob Bennett cry because he got his ass kicked by Mike Lee?

Trust me. I'll be working against him in the primary....that is where his election occurs because no dem is going to the Senate from Utah. Unfortunately, few participate in the primaries. So he just floods the caucuses with his zombies. It's like taking candy from a baby.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Trust me. I'll be working against him in the primary....that is where his election occurs because no dem is going to the Senate from Utah. Unfortunately, few participate in the primaries. So he just floods the caucuses with his zombies. It's like taking candy from a baby.

Bob Bennett was just like Hatch. He was invincible. A couple of total freaks like you and me might get a real deal... don't lay down yet. I'm just startin' to play. Bring up how he was chummy friends with Ted Kennedy (I did that with Bennett) and you'll find some people that agree with you. Rock on Utah CountyBig Grin

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:

One Aussy shepherd can turn that flock around. My son owns one, Seraph could make them there sheep go any where she want's them to go. We can too.

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Bytes, I respect your optimism. We need more of that today.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bob Bennett was just like Hatch. He was invincible. A couple of total freaks like you and me might get a real deal... don't lay down yet. I'm just startin' to play. Bring up how he was chummy friends with Ted Kennedy (I did that with Bennett) and you'll find some people that agree with you. Rock on Utah CountyBig Grin

6 years ago I was at a primary caucus. The place was flooded with hatch people. There were usually a couple hundred people that attend caucus meetings. That night the entire school auditorium was filled to standing room with Hatch zombies. They overwhelmed the delegate process by nominating and electing each other. The delegates chose Hatch. That was the end of the senate election. No dem will win a Senate seat from Utah. In one of the delegate nomination/acceptance speeches, a Hatch zombie actually said that the constitution is old an invalid. I sat dumbstruck as that delegate candidate was elected by the other Hatch zombies to select the rep Senate candidate. That single statement ate at me for two years.

At the very next caucus meeting my son nominated me to be a delegate simply because he knew I would get 2 mins to say what was on my mind. My neighbor seconded the nomination. When my turn to plead my case came it was in sharp relief with others' petitions as I stated first that I didn't care if I was elected. I was there to set the record straight. I declared the constitution valid based on its fundamental principles, a few of which I delineated. I explained the enduring value of the bill of rights including a detailed understanding of the second amendment. My heart was on fire. The truth flowed effortlessly. I ended with a comparison to ancient scriptural truths people in my district cherish and said, "truth, ladies and gentlemen, is eternal. Truth is woven in the constitution and other founding documents as they are inspired of God for the purifying of mankind." When it was over I had gone 10 mins. No one complained, in fact the audience stood and applauded. I sat down numb to everything else that happened. That is how I became a delegate for a couple of years.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post