SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Warren: Trump Will Not Silence Me by Using a ‘Racial Slur’ Like ‘Pocahontas’
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warren: Trump Will Not Silence Me by Using a ‘Racial Slur’ Like ‘Pocahontas’ Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) told MSNBC's Ali Velshi on Monday that President Donald Trump will not silence her by using a "racial slur" like "Pocahontas."

Trump hosted an event at the White House to honor Navajo code talkers, where he referenced Pocahontas, a nickname he has used in the past to refer to Warren.

Velshi played a clip of Trump's comments and then asked if she would like to respond.

"I just want to thank you because you are very, very special people. You were here long before any of us were here," Trump said. "Although, we have a representative in Congress who they say was here a long time ago; they call her Pocahontas."

"This was supposed to be an event to honor heroes," Warren said in response. "People who put it all on the line for our country, and people who, because of their incredible work, saved the lives of countless Americans and our allies."

"It is deeply unfortunate that the President of the United States cannot even make it through a ceremony honoring these heroes without having to throw a racial slur," Warren continued. "Donald Trump does this over and over thinking somehow he's going to shut me up with it. It hadn't worked in the past. It is not going to work in the future."

Trump has said he calls Warren "Pocahontas" in reference to her unsubstantiated claim to Cherokee heritage. Warren's 2012 Senate opponent, Scott Brown, criticized her for claiming Cherokee heritage on applications in order to gain an academic advantage.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
You sen warren claimed you were native american, remember that why Harvard hired you...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that what the American people find offensive is Senator Warren lying about her heritage to advance her career.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I thought it was "Fauxchahontas", anyway.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16510 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So what's more racist? Pretending to be of a heritage that you most certainly are not for the sole purpose of personal gain, or calling someone out for said deceit?

Hmmm, that's a tuffy... Actually no it's not.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Silence Her? All she does is spout typical leftist BS anyway. No big loss there.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Someone lies with forked tongue.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Someone lies with forked tongue.

I see what you did there.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:

It was. That’s the part that Trump has screwed up with her. He missed the joke somewhere along the line and it’s not nearly as funny.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:

It was. That’s the part that Trump has screwed up with her. He missed the joke somewhere along the line and it’s not nearly as funny.

-Rob

Au contraire, mes amis.

Pocahontas is far, far the funnier, and was the original line. Don and I agree on this.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's an infinitely better label for her lying ass.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that what the American people find offensive is Senator Warren lying about her heritage to advance her career.

Funny how the libs and the media (one and the same) have conveniently forgotten that but now they're OUTRAGED that Trump called her Pocahontas.

Strange world.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Is it Racist if you are not a member of that Race??

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It is a disgrace to the Injuns that you Sen Warren even want to be associated with them.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody else see the Andrew Jackson picture in the background?

Make it count

Posts: 1412 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

-Rob

Au contraire, mes amis.

Pocahontas is far, far the funnier, ...

In your opinion. I agree with the other two.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-Rob

Au contraire, mes amis.

You disagree with The Don?

Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I don't consider it racist. I wouldn't mind if Trump hadn't interjected it into the ceremony though.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
She's planning on running in 2020 and this is a big liability. She's trying to make it a taboo subject by calling it a racial slur so it can't be used against her when she runs.

Nice try but it's not going to work.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-Rob

Au contraire, mes amis.

You disagree with The Don?

Apparently so.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post