SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Canvas prints online
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canvas prints online Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted
Anyone here buy their canvas prints online? If so, where?

Wanted to get some pictures printed on canvas and on a wooden frame.

Just seeing what the members here use.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
Photobucket. Excellent work and very reasonable.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Bay photo https://www.bayphoto.com/

White House Custom Color https://www.whcc.com/

Both do an excellent job.

I do have a preference to print on metal (1/16 inch Aluminum) and both Bay Photo and WHCC do excellent at that as well.

Good luck,
Dave

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I had a 16"x48" canvas print mounted on a simple wood frame done by Costco for under $100.

Turned out great.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Are you a Costco member?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
We have a member here that owns a printing business. I am forgetting his name here but here is his contact.
Kadin@moonliteprinting.com

I have a couple panoramic shots he is going to do for me on canvass I took back in October. Just keep getting my fun money zipped away to other priority projects.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
We have a member here that owns a printing business. I am forgetting his name here but here is his contact.

I have a couple panoramic shots he is going to do for me on canvass I took back in October. Just keep getting my fun money zipped away to other priority projects.

Black, you may want to look at this thread. Frown

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S600MBUSA:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Black, you may want to look at this thread. Frown

Ohh man, I am sorry to read that.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Are you a Costco member?

I am not but that makes me wonder if Sam's does the same thing.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife does them through shutterfly. We have a few hanging in the house and they are decent quality and you can usually get coupons and discount codes

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Blick in Philly had their once-a-year 60% off at the print desk July 5th. And I ordered a bunch of stuff, including a print on canvas. Can't wait to see it. I never order that format before.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I've used Mpix and been very pleased. I also like Adorama, but mainly for their metal prints.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Canvas prints come in two flavors:
1) Sublimation - an image is printed to a plastic film and heat pressed onto the canvas (this process is also used for shirts, coffee mugs, and other items)

2) actually printed on the canvas - this method can give some color bleeding in the image and gives a nice soft effect.

Some of your shops that print banners also will print directly to canvas, and it truly can be an incredible image (not one with sharp edges, but incredible nonetheless).

Costco does an okay job at a decent price, but they don't have access to some of the aspect ratios that Bay Photo or WHCC have.

I have used MPIX and their work is acceptable and prices are good, but Bay photo blows them out of the way.

You might look at your local banner shops, and local photo shops to see who around you makes canvas prints.

The canvas I have from WHCC is made using the sublimation process and a 16 x 24 inch stretched on a wood frame print cost $150.00

I have also used these guys for a regular mounted print that is 3 x 5 foot and was printed in a single run as they have the printers for making banners. They also do most of Hewlett Packard's promotional fliers http://www.bigprintshop.com/ph...-poster-linedrawing/

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I've had canvas prints done by several companies:

MPixPro - a division of WHCC - excellent work

Canvas on Demand - very good, they run lots of specials

Simply Canvas - very good, haven't usrd in a while.

I do a lot of Metals and use BayPhoto, the best at the metals that I've found.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tundrav84wd:
Photobucket. Excellent work and very reasonable.

Excellent way to fill your inbox with spam deals too. I bought one, it was good looking, but closed my account due to the spam I got afterwards.

They made one sale at the cost of me ever doing business with them. If they had stopped emails by the seventh or eighth time I unsubscribed maybe I wouldn't be so pissed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
I do have a preference to print on metal (1/16 inch Aluminum)...

I too prefer dye-infused metal prints over canvas prints. The color is and presentation is much better.

I tried canvas with Costco and they never turned out as well. Contrast was bland, color balance was off.

I went metal prints and haven't looked back.

But if OP wants to give it a try, Costco is probably the least expensive way to go.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post