SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    #WalkAway Campaign - Growing Movement Of Democratics Leaving The Party
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

#WalkAway Campaign - Growing Movement Of Democratics Leaving The Party Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Somewhere liberals are in a padded room screaming it's all fake!!!

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

Yes. It's all, wait for it... Russian bots.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:

Mother in Law listens to a lot of lefty radio. That’s exactly what they’re saying.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:

Mother in Law listens to a lot of lefty radio. That’s exactly what they’re saying.

They'll believe this at their own political peril.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
That is their fallback position when reality is too much for them to grasp.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Some Democrat flunky entered someone named Melinda's info wrong in a database and that gun grabbing rectal itch Beto O'Rourke's campaign started texting me tonight.

I'm having some fun with them with the #Walkaway talking points. "Melinda" has already Walked Away and I'm encouraging the staffer to walk away too. Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
“the Democratic Party’s greatest and most insidious lie:” ... As Straka puts it, “They will insist that you are a victim doomed to exist within a system that is rigged against you…
That's what they do themselves. Look at the way they rigged the system against Bernie Sanders.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2057 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
quote:
“the Democratic Party’s greatest and most insidious lie:” ... As Straka puts it, “They will insist that you are a victim doomed to exist within a system that is rigged against you…
That's what they do themselves. Look at the way they rigged the system against Bernie Sanders.

Agreed - if the Republicans did that kind of thing, Ted Cruz would have been nominated over The Donald with "Super Delegates" that outnumbered delegates from voting / caucusing.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

That's a lot of Russian bots! Wink

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
I don't think I need to back-up my bona-fides as a Democrat/liberal/progressive to any long-time members here.

Trust me, you don't need to walk away, all one has to do is stand still and the party will walk away from you on it's very own.

Real liberalism doesn't substitute ideology or identity politics for reason and facts.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Well, I've gotta admit, I'm perfectly willing to see the way Hill and Dankie handled the last primary as the party's walking away from an awful lot of people. (And no, I don't just mean Bernie supporters and the so-called antifa.) When you do it that blatantly, you're pretty much just flipping people off.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
So how may fake members will join before they shut it down as....scroll headlines,..."#walkaway fake accounts discovered leading to shut down".....

...I prolly just blew up the algorithm....

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.theepochtimes.com/...es-soar_2591129.html

Award-Winning Composer Says Sales Soared After He ‘Walked Away’ From Democratic Party
By Celia Farber
July 12, 2018 6:42 pm Last Updated: July 13, 2018 1:49 pm

The WalkAway movement, launched in late May by gay NYC hairdresser Brandon Straka, is bringing together Americans from all walks of life—every race, class, sexual orientation, and nationality—seeking to simply be “allowed” to say what they think and be who they are.

They are walking away from the Democratic Party, standing up and being proud of being an American first—not a hyphenated, identity-captive American.

One of the most stunning voices to emerge is an artist of international repute—Grammy-nominated Argentinian composer Al Conti.

“OK, this is a huge moment of truth for me,” he posted on July 6 on the #WalkAway Campaign Facebook page. His WalkAway “coming out” was preceded by his withdrawal from the Recording Academy, after he perceived its Grammy telecast as a “Trump-bashing platform.”

“For the last 15 years, I have pretty much lived in, worked in, ate and breathed the music industry,” Conti wrote. “I am a New Age composer so, as it happens with music genres, when you are successful you become very popular within that niche but can quickly lose your audience should you say the wrong thing.”

Conti, a self-described “introvert,” came out as gay in 2011, the year he was nominated for a Grammy for his album “Northern Seas.” This second coming out was, for him, not only way riskier but also more important to his own roots.

Conti grew up in Argentina during the horrible 1970s “Dirty War.” He feels there is an uncomfortable resemblance between the Obama-style mindset and the thinking of Argentinian dictator Perón. Once he made that connection, Conti said he had already walked away.

His breaking point came when an artist friend tweeted images of children at the U.S.–Mexico border who were supposedly being kept in cages due to Trump’s brutality. The images were taken during the Obama administration, as is now known, and this was for many people the red-pill moment that gave them a true picture of the Trump-hostile media.

“When I saw that image, I said to myself, ‘OK, now I’ve had it,” said Conti, reflecting a common WalkAway theme: It is the media that is causing people to “walk away.”

‘Greater Responsibility’

Conti grew up in an artistic family—his mother was a ballerina; his father, an engineer, writer, and poet. They were, to say the least, not Peronists—his father fought alongside anti-Perón revolutionists.

If there had been a WalkAway movement in Argentina in the ’70s, he said, “My parents would have been the first.”

“They are Trump supporters,” he said. “My father called me after I posted on the WalkAway page, and he said he was very proud of me. He said, ‘What you have done is so important. Because you have a public personality, you have a greater responsibility.’”

Due to Conti’s fame and stature as an artist (in addition to his 2011 Grammy nomination, he has won several awards and had albums reach No. 1 on the charts many times), he had to shake off even more chains than the average person does.

“The repression in me was huge,” he said, “because of the bubble that artists exist in. Everything is scripted, every interview, everything you say. When I would go to awards shows, it was like I was a piece of meat, not my own person.

“They spray tan you from head to toe, and your publicist is just walking you from one interview to the next. I wasn’t using my own voice, I was speaking in the voice that was permitted me by the industry. I was supposed to just say my lines, nothing much, nothing controversial. Nobody ever asked me where I came from or how I felt about anything.

“I was so massively compressed from 15 years of hiding my thoughts that when I pressed ‘send’ on my WalkAway post, it was like this big bang in my life. For the very first time in all the years I’ve been an artist, I can finally be myself.”

Parachute Opens

Conti was very apprehensive, yet, like so many WalkAway voices on social media, he was driven to speak, as one would be driven to pull the cord of a parachute when leaping from an airplane. For many, remaining silent no longer feels like being alive in the true sense of the word.

“This industry is not an easy one to begin with, it never was,” he said. “It’s very openly hostile to anyone who dissents from the left-liberal line, especially now.”

To his great relief, once he had published his WalkAway post, his publicist in Los Angeles was very supportive, even giving hints that she had similar feelings.

“You wonder how many others are out there,” Conti said.

Recalling the moment, he only had a very short interval before he knew his parachute would unfurl.

“I did it, and there was a second of quiet,” he said. “And then the comments started coming. And then more, and more. Soon, there were almost 1,000 comments. It did not stop for three days. I said to Brandon: ‘This is crazy. This is insane!’”

Conti had been worried about the hostility and hate, but never expected what came at him: an outpouring of love and support from people all over the country and all over the world, in the form of comments, tweets, shares, emails, and, most stunningly, album sales. Sales of his albums shot up so fast that Amazon ran out and had to restock.

“The WalkAway movement doesn’t come from politics; it comes from the heart,” he said. “For people who are filled with hate, there is nothing worse than love. You want to give them a hug and show them love, but they are like, ‘I’ll kill you.’ They don’t know what to do with it.”

At the end of our long conversation, Conti said something that is a page-stopper, an exclamation point, and maybe the very definition of the WalkAway movement and this moment in American history:

“All this hyphenation of Americans, this is what the Democrats are all about. How are you hyphenated? How to keep us separated.

“I don’t vote for special interests. My vote is not a gay vote, it’s an American vote. I came to this country from Argentina and I am an American. Once you are an American, you are an American. First.”

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Obviously a Russian bot. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Real liberalism walked away from the Democrat party decades ago. It has been totalitarian-run for most of my life and the last voices of reason, like Sam Nunn and Joe Lieberman, were run out or silenced a long time ago.

quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:
I don't think I need to back-up my bona-fides as a Democrat/liberal/progressive to any long-time members here.

Trust me, you don't need to walk away, all one has to do is stand still and the party will walk away from you on it's very own.

Real liberalism doesn't substitute ideology or identity politics for reason and facts.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:

Real liberalism walked away from the Democrat party decades ago. It has been totalitarian-run for most of my life and the last voices of reason, like Sam Nunn and Joe Lieberman, were run out or silenced a long time ago.

This is why I've been complaining so emphatically about people conflating liberalism with leftism. Real liberals may not agree with you, but the last thing they'd do is suggest you should be muzzled.

It has been noted several times here in SF that the membership is probably more libertarian than conservative, and I believe that's accurate. Well, the line between liberalism and libertarianism is a very fine one. In fact I believe many liberals became libertarians when the Democratic Party and the institutions that used to support liberalism veered too far left.

I know I did. For many years I've referred to myself as a libertarian. But I never felt quite comfortable with that. That's because it turns out I'm really a liberal, in the "classical liberal" sense, rather than a libertarian. Or maybe a liberal with libertarian leanings Smile. (Few people are "pure" anything, really.)

Here's the ironic thing: The Democratic Party and the rest of the left has now moved so far left that the Republican Party and conservatives are now more liberal than the left!

That's what the #WalkAway people are discovering, and the kind of folks who are now writing for Quillette.

Another bit of a shake-up on the left was this recent incident: Conservative Business Insider writer quits instead of being 'paralyzed by fear' after site deletes column defending Scarlett Johansson. She's getting a lot of support from fellow journalists and true liberals.

As it relates to this site's primary focus: Liberals are not necessarily, or even likely to be, anti-gun. Leftists are. Vehemently so, because armed individuals are capable of defending themselves from the left's depredations. Liberals are mostly live-and-let-live folk. Many of the learned scholars that have written essays supporting the Second Amendment as an individual right have been liberals.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post