SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    #WalkAway Campaign - Growing Movement Of Democratics Leaving The Party
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

#WalkAway Campaign - Growing Movement Of Democratics Leaving The Party Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, I did notice and agree that the number of likes for the movement's Facebook page is seemingly low.

If you read some of the comments you'll find that people have noticed the numbers being manipulated. They'll be higher one day and then lower the next.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zimman20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
As encouraged as I am by this movement, I take exception to the original post, which claimed there are "tons of them."

There are not.

Facebook reports that the #WalkAway campaign has 32,326 likes.

The Democrat Party has some 72 MILLION registered voters. 32k is a mere 0.04%. That's hardly "tons."

Sorry to throw cold water on your party.

An optimist would say 'it's a good start'. Wink Hey, and presumably those folks who are 'walking away' have friends and family and co-workers - and maybe the #walkaway folks will have conversations with those other folks about 'why' and get those friends/family/coworkers to reconsider their positions....see how that works? Cool

--------------------------------------------------------------
zman

P229 SAS
Sig 1911 STX

Posts: 936 | Location: Stanley, NC | Registered: September 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
However, I did notice and agree that the number of likes for the movement's Facebook page is seemingly low.

If you read some of the comments you'll find that people have noticed the numbers being manipulated. They'll be higher one day and then lower the next.

There are two (official) pages and one group on facebook for the movement, which have varying memberships. It's possible there's some confusion.

However, I'll look into this.

Walk Away Campaign (Page)

The Unsilent Minority (Page)

Walk Away Campaign (Group)

ETA:
a1abdj,
I'm looking through the posts and comments on those FB pages and I'm not seeing anything about numbers. Can you provide a link to what you're talking about?
Thanks, Storm

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind, this movement started less than two months ago.

I see the glass as way half full.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Some of y’all should try this thing called optimism.

Oh, come on! What fun is that?
Cynicism, gloom and doom are much more soul-satisfying. Roll Eyes

Or at least lend themselves to more lyrical posts. Seriously, we could have the next Kurt Sutter or George R.R. Martin right here!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Over 57,200 members on FB. This is going to be a big deal.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
The other thing to keep in mind is that there is a metric crapton of folks who don't do the fakebook thing. Now I realize that it's impossible to quantify how many who have turned away, but the way I see it there are only two possibilities. Either look at the over 50,000 members on the fakebook page and realize that there are probably many more who won't be vocal about it, or one can just go on assuming that the ignorance and hatred that we see highlighted in the news cycle is representative of all non conservatives and vilify them all. Maybe we can come up with a catchy name like.....I dunno detestable. How about that? Sound familiar?

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
As encouraged as I am by this movement, I take exception to the original post, which claimed there are "tons of them."

There are not.

The Democrat Party has some 72 MILLION registered voters. 32k is a mere 0.04%. That's hardly "tons."

Probably more than the 32k number. Many who walk away just won't say anything on FaceSpace because they know their 'friends' will turn on them. Or they just don't talk polly-tics on FaceSpace. I doubt it's a widespread mass exodus. But remember, the elections are generally pretty close. Every little bit helps. With the electorate fairly evenly split, it doesn't take a lot.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
quote:

There are not.

Probably more than the 32k number. Many who walk away just won't say anything on FaceSpace because they know their 'friends' will turn on them. Or they just don't talk polly-tics on FaceSpace. I doubt it's a widespread mass exodus. But remember, the elections are generally pretty close. Every little bit helps. With the electorate fairly evenly split, it doesn't take a lot.

Yep you're only seeing the people who aren't in fear of the backlash from abandoning the party. Where I live you can get your windows smashed in for having US Flag or TRUMP stickers on your car. The left's intimidation tactics are likely suppressing the good ones who are fed up with the left for being the antithesis of what they thought their party to be.

It's hard for people to risk their friends, family, and career to stand up for what's right. Puts people in between a rock and hard place. No one wants to be called a Nazi, racist, islamophobe, misogynist, xenophobist, red neck. It's binary to the left, you are with them or you are an 'ist'. Peer pressure is a real thing

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
quote:

There are not.

Yep you're only seeing the people who aren't in fear of the backlash from abandoning the party. Where I live you can get your windows smashed in for having US Flag or TRUMP stickers on your car. The left's intimidation tactics are likely suppressing the good ones who are fed up with the left for being the antithesis of what they thought their party to be.

It's hard for people to risk their friends, family, and career to stand up for what's right. Puts people in between a rock and hard place. No one wants to be called a Nazi, racist, islamophobe, misogynist, xenophobist, red neck. It's binary to the left, you are with them or you are an 'ist'. Peer pressure is a real thing

Voting, however, is anonymous.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
More cracks in Team Congressional Dem. From today's Politico:

quote:
Black female leaders and allies expressed their "deep disappointment" with House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer for their "recent failure to protect" Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) "from unwarranted attacks from the Trump administration and others in the GOP."

"We write to share our profound indignation and deep disappointment over your recent failure to protect Congresswoman Waters from unwarranted attacks from the Trump Administration and others in the GOP," the women wrote in a letter sent Tuesday. "That failure was further compounded by your decision to unfairly deride her as being 'uncivil' and 'un-American'. In doing so, we believe this mischaracterizes her call to action for peaceful democratic assembly and the exercise of her constitutional rights to free speech in support of defenseless immigrant children and their families," the letter continued.

Full original text at: http://www.politico.com/story/...schumer-trump-693967

I don't know that anyone would recognize any of the signers except Donna Brazile, but here's the text of the letters and the attacked signatures.

http://www.politico.com/f/?id=...9f-a76d-fefd04720001

OTOH, if no one recognizes the names, maybe that means it's a grass-roots thing and the rot and discord within the Dems is sinking in deep. Then again, what would constitute "protection" in this case? Joining Waters in her calls for harassing Trump administration employees whenever they appear in public?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Are they high?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Are they high?

Nope, they are lower than whale feces in the bottom of the Marianas Trench.

Oh, you are talking about whether they are on drugs, not their character. In that case, probably. Either that or severely brain damaged.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
"Unwarranted attacks"? What Mad Maxine has been doing warrants physical attacks, IMHO.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A somewhat related article.

The author argues that the DEM party has embraced identity politics and shifted to anti-white policies.

The argument here is that eventually the various ethno-religious-cultural subgroups of the DEM party will find themselves at odds with each other. There will be some migration to the REP party and other migration to Minority Interest Parties

https://amgreatness.com/2018/0...archs-and-agitators/

The Democratic Party Is Killing Itself

What if I told you the Democratic Party will fracture into multiple parties and the Republican Party will grow stronger?

And what if I said changing demographics and the normalization of identity politics would be the reason?

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post