SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    #WalkAway Campaign - Growing Movement Of Democratics Leaving The Party
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

#WalkAway Campaign - Growing Movement Of Democratics Leaving The Party Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Yes this is a rapid daily increase. And really we just need the 80k in key states. If its all CA, well thatd suck, lol. Im feeling good about it though.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12648 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ RT? Really? That would explain why the discussion on the show was so inane.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

If you watched it,what do disagree with? I thought for the most part they were spot on with why the Democrats are failing.

Or did you just decide to form an opinion and comment without watching it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
98,770 members

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

If you watched it,what do disagree with? I thought for the most part they were spot on with why the Democrats are failing.

Or did you just decide to form an opinion and comment without watching it?

He probably didn't watch it, RT is owned by Russian government, for that reason alone, I wouldn't watch it either. Has long been called a propaganda machine for Russian government.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Founder Of Movement For Disillusioned Democrats Refused Service At New York Electronics Store

https://www.zerohedge.com/news...rk-electronics-store

The founder of a movement that encourages disillusioned Democrats to walk away from their party says he was denied service by an employee at a New York electronics store after he was recognized from an interview with Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

Brandon Straka, a gay hairdresser and the founder of the "Walk Away" campaign using the viral hashtag #WalkAway, had spent over an hour on Thursday carefully choosing equipment at electronics superstore Adorama in Manhattan following a week of media appearances, reports the Epoch Times.

After an employee sent Straka to a different department to buy a microphone, a customer in front of him exclaimed "I saw you on Tucker!" - before asking for a picture with the "Walk Away" founder.

The exchange was overheard by a store employee, who then refused to sell him the mic.

“He stared at me with this kind of dead-pan expression,” Straka told The Epoch Times. “And he said: Are you planning to use this equipment for alt-right purposes?’”

As Straka struggled to comprehend what was happening, the clerk, whom Straka asked not be named, said: “I’m sorry I just don’t feel comfortable selling to you. I can’t sell to you.” -Epoch Times

A shocked Straka reeled from what he says was his first experience of a public shunning over his political views - though he said that friends had done so in private.

Brandon Straka (The Unsilent Minority) @usminority

I’m shaking right now. I just went into a camera store to buy a camera and a light and mic, etc. and they recognized me from tv. I was refused service because they said it was for “alt right” purposes. That literally just happened.
5:46 PM - Jul 5, 2018

14.5K people are talking about this

"It kind of took my breath away,” he said. “I said to him, ‘Listen, if you can’t sell to me, that’s fine, but, you know, person to person, I’d like to talk to you, because I don’t think you know what Walk Away is about. And he said, ‘Well, you know, I’m done. I’m not comfortable selling to you. You’re welcome to talk to someone else in the store but I’m not going to sell to you.’"

Beside himself after the experience, Straka says he went downstairs, composed himself, and asked another clerk to help him - only to be referred to the bigoted employee. Eventually, he got his mic.

Straka saw how baffled the go-between salesman looked. “He was like, ‘You’re not?’ And he repeated: ‘I’m not selling to him.'”

The other salesman came over to Straka and said, “Let’s go back upstairs.” Straka waited for about 20 minutes, and this time the salesman returned with the microphone and Straka was able to pay and leave.

Walking out of the store, he said: “I was shaking. I was hurt. I had this huge adrenaline rush. I felt embarrassed and I also felt nervous." -Epoch Times

Straka then expressed concern over being "doxxed" by the angry employee since Adorama collects so much personal information.

"At every station of the store, I’d given them my personal information. What if this kid decides to go into the computer and dox [to publish private information, as in a phone number or address] me?"

"I am not a guy who has a lot of money. I can’t have people going to my apartment and harassing me."

“My instinct is telling me to practice compassion and forgiveness here. I don’t want to see this guy getting fired. I don’t want anything bad to happen to him. I don’t want people harassing him.”

Adorama issued a statement in response to the incident over Twitter:

“The Adorama Management Team deeply regrets the incident involving an employee in our store. Please know this is not who we are, and does not reflect the position of our owners or other staff members. This is being taken seriously and is being addressed with the highest priority.”

Brandon Straka (The Unsilent Minority) @usminority
· 5 Jul

I’m shaking right now. I just went into a camera store to buy a camera and a light and mic, etc. and they recognized me from tv. I was refused service because they said it was for “alt right” purposes. That literally just happened.

Straka founded the #WalkAway campaign in late May, creating a Facebook page and posting a video explaining his views.

It is my sincere hope that you will join me in this campaign and that we may start a movement in this country- which not only encourages others to walk away from the divisive left, but also takes back the narrative from the liberal media about what it means to be a conservative in America. It is up to all of us to make our voices heard and reclaim the truth.

The Democratic Party has taken for granted that it owns racial, sexual, and religious minorities in America. It has encouraged groupthink, hypocrisy, division, stereotyping, resentment, and the acceptance of victimhood mentality. And all the while, they have discouraged minorities from having independent thought, open dialogue, measured and informed opinion, and a motivation to succeed.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Founder Of Movement For Disillusioned Democrats Refused Service At New York Electronics Store.....

In case he had any doubts about what he was walking away from - confirmation. Had he said he refused him service due to him being gay, federal lawsuit, instead he was refused service due to his First Amendment protected speech, somehow that is perfectly fine???

At this point maybe I should set up a yelp for political affiliation, rate not only on food quality, but also on if they serve your or spit in your food because of your MAGA hat or NRA bumper sticker.

I really hate leftists, they truly suck ass.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

Dang man. This is what happens when you push everyone else into the margin. Soon you find yourself alone in the margin. The Dems have jumped the shark. So focused on their enemy they neglected to check their base. The Dems radicalized so fast and so far, the rest of the population could not go there. They seems to have abandoned their most valuable tactic.....progressivism.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29679 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
fuck the democrat party. I love that people are waking up to see that shit head party for what it really is, a racist hatefilled band of absolute morons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Founder Of Movement For Disillusioned Democrats Refused Service At New York Electronics Store.....

In case he had any doubts about what he was walking away from - confirmation. Had he said he refused him service due to him being gay, federal lawsuit, instead he was refused service due to his First Amendment protected speech, somehow that is perfectly fine???

At this point maybe I should set up a yelp for political affiliation, rate not only on food quality, but also on if they serve your or spit in your food because of your MAGA hat or NRA bumper sticker.

I really hate leftists, they truly suck ass.

Yup, since he is gay, he should sue for discrimination. Flip the script on these commies and give them a taste of their own ID politics BS.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Yup, since he is gay, he should sue for discrimination. Flip the script on these commies and give them a taste of their own ID politics BS.

Political views is not a protected class, so, even if the idea had merit (which it does not, IMO), it would fail right out of the gate.

Besides which Adorama promptly issued a public apology and claims it is addressing the issue.

(I hope so, because I like Adorama and would prefer to be able to continue giving them my custom.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:

Political views is not a protected class, so, even if the idea had merit (which it does not, IMO), it would fail right out of the gate.
Besides which Adorama promptly issued a public apology and claims it is addressing the issue.

(I hope so, because I like Adorama and would prefer to be able to continue giving them my custom.)

The bolded is important because therein lies so much conflict. Protecting one kind of speech from the other would doubtlessly be perverted one day to protecting only one kind of political speech while ignoring the rest. This would create a tyranny. However, not protecting political speech classes from consequences brings to bear eventual violence between opposing politics. One political ideology is punished by the other and retaliation escalates until....boom. The only peaceful way is for each side to voluntarily respect the other as citizens and humans. Only a truly selfless individual will do that.

Posts: 29679 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
He probably didn't watch it, RT is owned by Russian government, for that reason alone, I wouldn't watch it either. Has long been called a propaganda machine for Russian government.

Actually I did watch it, which is how I can call it inane. If you listen to it, you'll hear nothing but vague platitudes that would've been considered boring on MSNBC four years ago. The upshot isn't anything like an analysis so much as a collective "Gosh, things are terrible in America! People are so depressed and divided! I wonder if we can depress and divide them some more without saying anything new and insightful." And no, there is absolutely no information and no insight in the segment at all.

And, yes, RT is owned and controlled by Putin's cronies and has long been recognized as the new Pravda - IOW, as a weapon in a constant propaganda war. Or has anyone forgotten that young American woman who quit on-air because she just couldn't spout what she knew to be utter bullshit?

Don't get suckered by the ploy. The fact that the Dems have declared half of the US population to be their political enemies does not in any way make the Russians our friends. What it does is set up a situation where the Russians try to court Trump and his supporters in order to further divide the American people and to exploit that division for their own interests. The Russians are no more truthful and no more worthwhile as allies than Rachel Maddow on cough syrup.

Obama is gone, kids. You can let go of the Putin envy now that we've got an actual President of our own.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
The leftists are now claiming it's a fake grass roots campaign promulgated by...
wait for it ...

the Russians!

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
<Snip>

Brings a tear to my eye! Another convert!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Another "Russian 'bot" joins the #WalkAway movement, and it was unconscionable leftist hatred that drove her there: St Jude family, attacked after thanking Eric Trump for $16 mil in donations. Now, they’re fighting back.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post