SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    #WalkAway Campaign - Growing Movement Of Democratics Leaving The Party
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

#WalkAway Campaign - Growing Movement Of Democratics Leaving The Party Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A representative example.

"They (the Democratic Party) have no platform. They have only hate."

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
That guy in the last video pretty much nailed it.
Liberal once meant open minded. Now it means extremely close minded, extremely left. Nothing liberal, using the definition of the word, about them.

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Maybe I didn't make my point well.

Look at it this way: this is a process the GOP has already gone through once, recently, in the run-up to the 2016 elections. If anyone was going to bail on Trump or the GOP, they would have done so sometime within the last year and a half.

This is all new for the donkeys, and the water in this flood is rising, not falling.

Down the road this may be a GOP problem again, but right now it's all going the other way.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
That guy in the last video pretty much nailed it.
Liberal once meant open minded.

Yeah, and we're takin' it back.

If you pay attention you'll notice that the term "leftist," to mean the people that like to call themselves "liberals," is being increasingly used to refer to the anti-liberal, authoritarian leftists.

They're slowly losing their cover Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

So open their brains fell out.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That’s helpful, and a great way to show them they’re welcome on our side.

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
quote:

What's interesting about comments like his is not so much what they're intended to say about his target as what they say about him.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
As for myself, I’ve been posting encouraging and welcoming comments to some of these videos. Watched one earlier posted by a gay man who just about totally broke down when he was talking about how he lost most of his friends and family when he started posting conservative stuff on social media. I couldn’t NOT encourage him to stay strong and hang in there, even if he felt he had stay closeted as a conservative now since he lives in Denver.

These people have been lied to. They’ve been made to fear us. We need to welcome the ones with the courage to speak up about being red pilled. There’s just no other way that doesn’t make us hypocrites.

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
A good post on #WalkAway, even if authors return button was broken at the time of writing. Bolding is mine.

quote:

Donna Nicholson

#WalkAway Campaign
First off I am not a russian bot and my #walkaway moment happened when I was 18 years old. I was a senior in high school and just recently became sexually active. There was this pink building downtown Olympia Wa called Planned Parenthood. They offered discounted birth control for low income people. I didnt have a job yet since I was in school. I lived in a single parent home and had a Christian upbringing and we were poor. Well, I went camping one weekend with my boyfriend at Lake Cushman and I forgot my little packet of birth control pills. I missed one pill. Needless to say 6 weeks later I missed my period. My boyfriend and I went to this pink building and I had a pregnancy test and my first pap smear. Still never paying a dime. After the results came in we were led into a little office for "counseling" of our options. Family planning options you would assume right? I had never been as frightened as I was in that moment. My life was about to change forever no matter the decision i was about to make. I was given no options other than abortion definitely not adoption. The entire counseling consisted of a woman masterfully preying on every fear running through my mind. She told me that I wouldnt go to college, that I would be impoverished and on assistance for years to come.. my child would suffer because of poverty and would be a teen parent as well and wouldnt finish high school. She quoted "studies". My boyfriend was sounding off next to me agreeing with everything this lady was saying. I told them I didnt want want to kill my baby. She told me that it wasnt a baby. It was the single most traumatizing moment of my life enough that 27 years later I still remember the entire experience as if it happened yesterday. She assured me that I would only have to pay a small fee that the rest would be covered. This was my first time ever hearing the words "sliding fee scale" you would think that I was the only advocate in that room for my unborn child. It wasnt till years later that I realized that Jesus Christ was in that room with me as a still small voice giving me courage. I walked out of that room and never looked back. Sure, there were tough times. Being a single mother for most of the time not on assistance because God made sure I had a job. ramen noodle meals.. not geing able to afford dental insurance or material things. God provided when I couldnt. My daughter did graduate high school she did go to college she was not a teen parent and she is my best friend and the joy of my life. Every election the only issue I care about is abortion. That is the only reason I vote for anyone. Let me tell you why. As a mother Im vicious when it comes to my children.. if my child is in danger I would put my life over theirs. I would die for them in a heartbeat. The only time my child was in true mortal danger was that day in that office in a pink building called Planned Parenthood. Where a wolf in sheeps clothing wanted to butcher coldly and efficiently what would later be the thing most precious to me. So yes its a personal thing to me and not just an ideal based on my Christian upbringing.
That "sliding fee scale" the money i wouldnt have to pay comes from tax payers. Im that tax payer! Im funding abortions unwillingly and I have no say other than voting on that issue every single election. Ive made it a point to research and things that i have discovered should and arent made public knowledge. They target low income communities. Its legal to kill a child inside the womb but if the abortion is botched and the baby is born alive they by law have to resuscitate. Later term abortions are birthed in toilets. You may remember the news story of the baby being left in the toilet at Mcdonalds.. the media crucified that girl and they didnt tell you that it was a botched abortion and she was told to leave it there. They induce labor and send you to a hotel to come back later .. a lot of the times you dont make it back in time. I have to emphatically say i am not angry at the women who have abortions because I was that woman in that room with a master manipulator telling me all the reasons why I should and not why I shouldnt. I could have easily made the other choice. This was the moment I walked away.

I'm not a religious person, I don't approve of abortions, but am not supporting abolishing abortion. I think there are times it should be done - rape, incest, genetic anomalies, mother's health. Thing is I don't want to pay for someones convenience abortion, and I think it's doubly unfair to someone like her.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
quote:

You fellows need to chill out. Leftists aren't coming over to our side, at least not until they intellectually outgrow their Leftist inculcation, like the people in these walkaway videos.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
You fellows need to chill out. Leftists aren't coming over to our side, at least not until they intellectually outgrow their Leftist inculcation, like the people in these walkaway videos.

You can be assured they aren't walking away from the extreme, intolerant left to join the extreme, intolerant right.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

You can be assured they aren't walking away from the extreme, intolerant left to join the extreme, intolerant right.

That's brilliant. Thank you for that insight.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert, offers an insightful take on the #walkaway movement:

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's brilliant. Thank you for that insight.

Your right, it's not a zero sum game, but no matter the results we win. Ideal situation = -1 D, +1 R vote. That's awesome, +2 net win for us, yeah it might not always happen, but that's OK too. If instead it's -1 D, +1 Green/3rd/fringe, that is still +1 gain for us. So even if we aren't winning anyone over, we're still gaining a better margin. So even a complete disconnect from voting/politics still equals net +1 good guys. Let's say half decide to vote R. That's still a 1.5 average vote swing in our favor for everyone that Walks Away.

No matter what happens, there is no way this movement is bad for us. I'll take every one of the 140,000 votes taken from Ds and rejoice for each one that is added to our column, even if it's only a third or half.

For any that are worried about the effect of welcoming in these people, don't. The people walking away more that likely think more like me and you than the party they are leaving.

Smile.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Scott Adams, above, is SPOT. ON.

Just a GREAT POINT! "Do you believe that Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi are as afraid of the future as they have made you [the Left] feel?"

The Left was pulling the FEAR card waaaay before President Trump got into office. Think about in elections past when the subject of health care came up. The Left instilled FEAR in the hearts of their sheep that the Republicans were going to throw grandma off the proverbial cliff. Think about the FEAR they've been waging against guns and the NRA for YEARS. The FEAR Campaign didn't start just yesterday. The Left has been cultivating it for YEARS!!!

Sheep! All of them...friggin' SHEEP!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
No matter what happens, there is no way this movement is bad for us.

For any that are worried about the effect of welcoming in these people, don't. The people walking away more that likely think more like me and you than the party they are leaving.

Smile.

How about trying to look at it another way? Instead of thinking "How does this help us?", whomever "us" might be, how about thinking of it in terms of being happy people are finally realizing they've been lied-to and gamed for years, and waking up to the fact of it?

Some of them may vote "your side," because they still can see only binary choices. Some may go libertarian, or green, or start a new party.

I don't care, personally, as long as they stop supporting the authoritarian leftists.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
No matter what happens, there is no way this movement is bad for us.

Smile.

How about trying to look at it another way? Instead of thinking "How does this help us?", whomever "us" might be, how about thinking of it in terms of being happy people are finally realizing they've been lied-to and gamed for years, and waking up to the fact of it?

Some of them may vote "your side," because they still can see only binary choices. Some may go libertarian, or green, or start a new party.

I don't care, personally, as long as they stop supporting the authoritarian leftists.

Stated another way: Whatever is bad for the Democrat Party is GOOD for America.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Mark Dice talks about walkaway.

https://youtu.be/aLzspQrFfcY

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post