SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Georgia sex offender shot by woman after breaking into home
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia sex offender shot by woman after breaking into home Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
So this is your normal self-defense shooting except for the part about the "spoon" used as a weapon part Eek

quote:
Convicted sex offender shot by woman after breaking into home

A Blakely woman shot a convicted sex offender to death over the weekend after he allegedly broke into her home.

During a 9-1-1 call placed late Saturday the victim reported she was assaulted after discovering 53-year old Michael Lindsey hiding in a closet of her home. The woman’s 12-year old daughter was also present.

“Deputies arrived at the scene and insured the safety of the victims who had locked themselves inside a room because they weren’t sure if the intruder was still inside the home,” Early County Investigator Captain Will Caudill said.

Officers also discovered 53-year old Michael Lindsey outside the home. He was taken to a Blakely hospital and pronounced dead. He’s believed to have stumbled from inside before collapsing. Prior to the shooting she fought off her attacker with a spoon, a police report states.

Caudill said Lindsey molested a child in 1999 and is listed on the Georgia Sex Offender Registry.

Caudill said his car was found parked behind a motel located a short distance from the home. He isn’t sure if he had broken into the home before the victim arrived home or afterwards.

Records indicate the victim’s home had recently been burglarized twice. Caudill isn’t sure if those incidents are related to the home invasion.

No charges were filed against the woman who fatally shot Lindsey, and Caudill predicts if no new evidence is discovered none will be.

“We plan to present our findings to the district attorney’s office, a standard practice on these type cases, and they can decide what action, if any, should be taken.”

An Early County grand jury could consider evidence.

http://www.wtvy.com/content/ne...-home-473036243.html

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Those tactical spoons are badass, but a pistol is even better.

And, kudos to the woman for defending herself and her daughter from that creep.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
She can dish it out, just fine.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Was the spoon sticking out of his rectal orifice when they found him?

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Take a dirt nap, dirt bag.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
He didn’t die real fast. Hope that he suffered lots of pain, fear, and anguish before the grim reaper claimed him.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Next time, I'll kill you with my teacup.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Was the spoon sticking out of his rectal orifice when they found him?

Better yet, out of his eye.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I love a happy ending. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll dig your heart out with a spoon!
" why a spoon?"
Because it'll hurt more.

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe her arms got tired swinging the spoon, and just figured shooting him was easier:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stu1000rr
posted Hide Post
Holy crap that town is only about 20 minutes from my house.

It is a small country farming town and the entire county is fairly rural.

Never really expected to see that in the local news. Guess that is why you go armed everywhere.

Len

Posts: 265 | Location: Southwest Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stu1000rr:
Guess that is why you go armed everywhere.

And with a spoon.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I thought the saying was "Stick a fork in him, he's done."

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
The Sheriff approves. Big Grin

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
This gets the Sheriff of Nottingham's endorsement:

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Yea, my Grandmother was on the forefront of weaponized spoons.

Posts: 11152 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Those tactical spoons are badass, but a pistol is even better.

A tactical spoon is a Spork. If made by Gaston...it’s a Glork.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post

A fucking spoon?

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post