SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Use of “F” word
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Use of “F” word Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
"Where the @#$% are we?"

~ Amelia Earhart, 1937

I like number one (Titanic), but this one I actually believe was uttered by Earhart to her navigator. I really couldn't help but chuckle.

Really uttered first by the Chief of the Fugawi Tribe

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
I'm trying to eradicate that word from my vocabulary. The liberals have become too fond of it. I don't want to be mistaken for one of them.

RMD

I’m with ya. Plus, whilst I was still working, I had to listen to virtually everyone under 30 use it in every sentence (“O my God that’s a beautiful fucking baby!! congrats!”) and so forth.
I understand your plight. However, I do not willfully associate with people who are addicted to profanity--at work or not. If they have "potty mouths" my conversations with them are very short, if at all.

flashguy

You guys wouldn't make it too long out here at sea.

Oh yeah, been to sea and did O.K. But, that was before the snowflakes made it their favorite word.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I learned that word in second grade at Page Military Academy. That was before I even knew what it was. I hated that @#$%ing school.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
I learned that word in second grade at Page Military Academy. That was before I even knew what it was. I hated that @#$%ing school.
I was 25 years old before I ever heard it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lifelong anglophile, I have substituted the word "bugger" for the "f" word.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2334 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ltbarber:
I tried that today. The guys all laughed at me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
And then proceeded to give you a @#$&ing wedgy.

Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
I'm trying to eradicate that word from my vocabulary. The liberals have become too fond of it. I don't want to be mistaken for one of them.

RMD

I’m with ya. Plus, whilst I was still working, I had to listen to virtually everyone under 30 use it in every sentence (“O my God that’s a beautiful fucking baby!! congrats!”) and so forth.
I understand your plight. However, I do not willfully associate with people who are addicted to profanity--at work or not. If they have "potty mouths" my conversations with them are very short, if at all.

flashguy

You guys wouldn't make it too long out here at sea.

Hey, I use it. Fairly often. But it has to be used correctly and artfully Smile. For these 20-30 year old douchebags it is literally every other 3rd word. It's not that word exactly, it's like people who say "you know" at the beginning and end of each sentence and sometimes in the middle. "You know, I think I'm having, you know, a stroke or something, you know?" NO WORD should be used that often.
And they are all people who took advantage of "counseling" offered by Duke when Trump was elected, I'm told. It really can just be about who uses it.
Sailors are fine.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I did my first active duty for training as a brand new 18 yo RM3 on a reserve DE in New Orleans. We went to New York and back. There were only two of us radio ops, so we were port and starboard watches, breakfast to lunch, dinner to midnight. When you were off watch, you could eat and sleep as necessary.

There was a BM3, obese, ignorant, vile, who was mess deck master at arms. To him, a skinny, red headed, 18 yo petty officer who could do as he pleased was an abomination against nature, an insult to existing order, troubling to the depth of what in most people would be his soul. He had the most astonishing vocabulary of anyone I had encountered before or in the 55 years since, f-bombs as every part of speech, verb, adverb, adjective, noun, every tense, past, present, or future. Even the sight of me coming into the mess deck to eat set him off in a tirade of dark blue invective.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
This is Not Safe For Work. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ltbarber:
Hettie uses it a lot, too.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Well just go frak yourself! LOL

Yeah, what the frell!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post