SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any medical professionals who know about prenatal issues?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any medical professionals who know about prenatal issues? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
We are adopting a baby. The mom has lost amniotic fluid, but nobody can say for how long because she only got medical treatment recently. She is in the hospital now but nobody knows what the effect will be on the baby. She is 34 weeks.

What kind of issues can happen? They seem to be worried about kidneys and lungs

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I'm not a medical professional.

Breathe.

It sounds like you're jumping the gun a little bit, worrying about possibilities before anything is known. That's very normal. I'd probably be doing the same thing. My friends and family would tell me....to breathe, pray, and wait and see what "is" not what "could be".

I'll be praying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
The longer she can keep the baby in her the better. Lungs take a bit of time to develop and she is the very BEST incubator there is. I was pretty frustrated at 37 weeks when they told me my baby's lungs weren't ready (I had to have a c-section for health reasons, and had everything scheduled in advance). My OB flat out said no, and ultimately I'm grateful she did. The longer that baby is inside, the better the chances for everything.

My very best congratulations to you!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post