SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bannon steps down at Breitbart
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bannon steps down at Breitbart Login/Join 
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted
Mixed feelings. Big mouth did him in.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...itbart-news-network/

Stephen K. Bannon has stepped down from Breitbart News Network, where he served as Executive Chairman since 2012.
Bannon and Breitbart will work together on a smooth and orderly transition.

Bannon said, “I’m proud of what the Breitbart team has accomplished in so short a period of time in building out a world-class news platform.”

According to Breitbart CEO Larry Solov, “Steve is a valued part of our legacy, and we will always be grateful for his contributions, and what he has helped us to accomplish.”

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
He dug his own grave in my opinion.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Good.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He couldn't get out of the way of his own massive ego.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
He shit in his own mess kit...oh well.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
This guy seemed like a train wreck from the first time he appeared.

Maybe he did something spectacularly great sometime in the past and has written that ever since but at least the last few years as he came into public consciousness, he’s been a beggar’s crossroad.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
He dug his own grave in my opinion.

Yup.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Good riddance.

Ben Shapiro, who got to know Bannon well during their time together at Breitbart, has had absolutely nothing nice to say about the guy. He's described Bannon as a grifter, a garbage human being, and nothing more than a coattail rider.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I hope he disappears entirely in 2018.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In the past, I heard about how smart this guy is, and how much of a visionary.

Yeah, no matter what is the actual truth, he's not all that bright and he's damn sure not a visionary. Hell, he couldn't even see the immediate consequences of this book shit.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His 15 minutes of fame have about 3 seconds left.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
He's the Robert California of Breitbart.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
The lump has irreparably tarnished Andrew Breitbart's legacy.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by domcintosh:
The lump has irreparably tarnished Andrew Breitbart's legacy.

Amen to that!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
The guy always looked to me like he needed a shower. No wonder Trump called him Sloppy Steve.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardokid11:
The guy always looked to me like he needed a shower. No wonder Trump called him Sloppy Steve.

A shower, shave, haircut and fresh clothes. He turned out to be such a jerk I'd like to kick him in the ass but I'm afraid he'd stick to my shoe.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I said before, he got himself in deep shit with the Pres., and that is NOT a place that I would want to be!!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure where or why he went off track but there were a LOT of good things and ideas he had but the implementation is terrible (now at least).
Too bad. Frown

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post