SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man allegedly tries to carjack 3 football players with fake gun
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man allegedly tries to carjack 3 football players with fake gun Login/Join 
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A 21-year-old New Mexico man is accused of trying to carjack three football players with a fake gun.

Police say Angelo Martinez stopped the players as they were leaving football practice and asked for a ride, KRQE reports.

After agreeing, Martinez allegedly pulled the fake gun on them.

When he went to grab one player’s phone, they tackled him and held him down until police arrived.

Looks like they did more than hold him down.

Link: http://myfox8.com/2017/08/18/m...ayers-with-fake-gun/

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Ha, dude appears to have been "held down" repeatedly. Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Wow

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
My initial thought when I saw the thread title was "I wonder how that worked out for him?"

Apparently not well

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Lesson - he should have started by asking for a helmet.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I'm sure he just tripped getting out of the car.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Little did he know that football practice was not over... Eek

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see a reasonable use of force to stop a felony of violence in progress....well done football players!

Posts: 363 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Ha, dude appears to have been "held down" repeatedly. Big Grin

Don't you mean tripped repeatedly? Lot's of sharp edges and blunt objects on the ground!

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
When I saw the thread title, I thought, "Why is the fact that they were football players germane?

Then I saw the picture.

Eek

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a laugh out loud photo.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Dang! Looks like he fell down the stairs a couple of times. Glad the football team was there to help him up and give first aid Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sauer Kraut,

Posts: 724 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I see they activated the "inflate yo' face" function.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Held him down repeatedly

Tried to play tackle football without protection

LOL

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Set......hut-hut!

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand he looked like that when he got in the car. And he was just beginning to turn his life around.

Posts: 282 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
awesome...

I wonder if he woke up that morning and said "self, today looks like a good day to get my ass kicked"...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Well, in defense of those young men, they are used to playing with others who are all padded up and wearing helmets. Wonder how high he bounced when they 'held him down'? Big Grin

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
I'm sure he just tripped getting out of the car.
And fell down the side of a mountain, by the look of it. Karma's a bitch sometimes.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post