SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can Someone Explain The Leftist Mindset Of Loathing Your Own Country?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can Someone Explain The Leftist Mindset Of Loathing Your Own Country? Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I can explain a little bit, having to tolerate on a daily basis, and more on family holidays.

It's multifaceted.

They "hate America" right now, because their religion is government, and Conservatives are currently running their religion.

To construct the Leftist mindset you need:

Total faith and trust in the government

Belief that rights are derived from the state

Belief that the state is responsible for everyone, in a manor where people are not responsible for themselves.

Belief that you're smarter and more sophisticated than both other races, and people who hold different political views.

Belief that anyone who isn't you, needs "help." Particularly black and brown people who can't achieve anything, because you're also responsible for their oppression.

Belief that we've transcended violence, and that impotence is a badge of honor. Only the poor and ignorant are violent. The poor and ignorant, who need the state to support them, because they aren't as good as the Left.

Belief in "Equality of outcome." As if there is actually a way to achieve that.

Basically, if you're a Leftist, you are actually a Statist, a Racist, and a Fascist.

They'll love America again, once they install another Obama, or someone further left, who will make sure that the State has more rights than the people. Someone who will bolster the power of our government and erode civil liberties to the point we're all slaves to the "greater good."

Consider that they're now upset about the 1st Amendment, and you must understand that the Left actually does hate what America really stands for.

Free people.

No, if you're a Leftist, you want "equality," such that people are entitled to something simply because they exist, and not because they've worked to achieve it. You then owe your life to the state, because without it you're nothing.

Sounds familiar really.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The ONLY freedom leftists support is sexual related freedom. On every other issue, they demand complete authoritarian control. They want us all to live in cages and fuck like weasels.

While I enjoy sex, it is not the single all encompassing interest in my life. I also like guns.

Besides, some on the left now demand that heterosexual men date men who identify as women. Not happening. I guess someone pointed out that there was something that the didn't control.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

They "hate America" right now, because their religion is government, and Conservatives are currently running their religion.

Arc's post is spot on...and lkdr1989's post from Para's "commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Hey-Macarena" thread is more true than many would believe...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
They don't hate their country, they hate your country.

That is, until the day they realize that, in their country, they are the lumpenroletariat and not entitled to be in the bourgeoisie or a party leader.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The common, everyday leftist prefers to be told what to do and think by the leftist hive-mind. The fact that it may be completely the opposite of what they were told to think yesterday, and may change again tomorrow is immaterial.

Today, they are told to think "Guns are bad. Self defense is bad." Tomorrow, it may be "Guns are good. Kill Republicans."

That may seem like an extreme statement. But if that is what they are told to think, that is what they will think. And that is what they will do.

Keep your rifle oiled, and your powder dry.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
If your life sucks, it can't possibly be your fault. It must be the Country's fault.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised your "friendship" lasted through two terms of Obama. I used those 8 years to THOROUGHLY eviscerate my "friend" list of any commie fuck bags.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It's the vocal liberal elite defining for people what it means to be enlightened/woke.

People want to identify themselves as caring, compassionate, on the side of the downtrodden. They also see what speaking against the enlightened/woke agenda gets people. They want to be accepted and they don't wish to be vilified so they identify with the enlightened/woke agenda.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
If you're looking for a plausible explanation, one doesn't exist. Ultra liberalism truly is a mental disorder and nothing will change that. All you can do is totally ignore them and move on.

Jim

Also consider that our "education" system has been dumbing them down and teaching them all sorts of anti-American BS for at least 2-3 decades now.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I just watched "Hillary's America" by D'Souza. I learned some things.

I assume that basically everything is factual except for obvious opinions. Some things were 'reenacted' but again, assume that nothing was really misrepresented, even if some artistic liberty was taken.

That said, I wonder, if the facts are indisputable, how they would feel about being progressives after watching it.

If they have any integrity and intelligence, I think the film should give them pause. Otherwise, they are lost causes.
Not an issue, as they are not likely to watch it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a serious analyisis of the Modern Liberal mindset and the "Unified Field Theory" of modern liberalism, watch the youtube video: "How modern liberals think", by Evan Sayet. It really explains the phenomenon perfectly. Very profound in understanding.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
They hate the country because we took it from other people in the past - a grudge that goes all the way back to 1492 - and in the present day, they don't think it fair that we have such plenty while others starve.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
They hate the country because we took it from other people in the past - a grudge that goes all the way back to 1492 - and in the present day, they don't think it fair that we have such plenty while others starve.
That's a very unrealistic point of view, because virtually every society in existence today at some point in the past wrested the territory from someone else. Even the "Indians" here ("Native Americans") fought with each other and conquered territory. (Good luck explaining that to the Liberals, though....)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Yet they don't hate it enough to leave.

If those sorry fucks were serious about leaving, I'm sure the people who love our country would willingly pay for 1 way tickets to a paradise such as Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Venezuela or Mexico. In fact, they can get to Mexico easily by the busloads.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post