SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No charges filed in self defense shooting.NSFW language in video.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No charges filed in self defense shooting.NSFW language in video. Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted
http://www.theindychannel.com/...er-wont-face-charges

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Looks like he was asking for it and he got it. Calling the man's wife a slut, then brandishing a stolen gun? Fuck you, pal.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4 shots to the torso. I wonder where and what caliber.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Who cares about the hardware? Make a mental note of the scenario if you wish any benefit from that video.

Bitch was asking for it and he got way more than he bargained for. Stupid asshole. I hope it hurt like crazy. I bet that if he lives, he won't ever again brandish a weapon.

Note also the part that the video played in the shooter's defense.

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Old guy says, "Mutherfucker"!, and walks away.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well he ain't saying jack shit now, is he? You fuck with a man on his own property, you deserve whatever you get.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Well, the firefighter won the gunfight and avoided prosecution, pretty good. Maybe not as good as avoiding one, but the neighbor seemed bound and determined to find trouble. Maybe better to shoot him in the chest from the front than have him shoot you in the back...

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The guy who got shot just rents a room from the homeowner next door. He took the homeowner's gun without permission. Frankly, given all that, I find it unfortunate that this guy didn't die.

You do not fuck with a man's car and you do not fuck with a man on his own property, and if you need a lesson in these things, you may end up getting that lesson in the most painful way possible.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
My curiosity stems from this old gas bag surviving. Where, more so than caliber is likely the reason he survived.

Stealing the gun, starting the conflict, then brandishing the firearm. He is a shitbag for sure, sadly not compost yet.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well he ain't saying jack shit now, is he? You fuck with a man on his own property, you deserve whatever you get.

If he is, its "Nurse, I need a bedpan."

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Reason number 17 to carry a gun, even while you are at home...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Dude got up and walked off?!?!?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well he cussed a bit too. Wink

Your body will do amazing things when your adrenaline starts pumping. Many people are mortally wounded yet fall a distance away from where they were shot. Their blood supply runs out before their body's desire to escape does.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

I know! I was thinking the same thing

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
More analysis from Active Self Protection. Looks like guy on mower was firing at the end.

https://youtu.be/0DH0YWmMfus

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Long running feud between the two men. Additional details here.

http://www.indystar.com/story/...on-county/451606001/

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Damn, it was 91°F.

"The neighbors have been in a long-running dispute. Keller and Weigle have clashed more than a dozen times since 2009, according to Johnson County Sheriff's Office reports.

The men argued about a range of things, including the location of a fence, Keller's dogs and Weigle's motorcycle.

On Sept. 9, 2011, officers arrested both men on battery charges after a fight. During the scuffle, Keller was stabbed in the arm and Weigle suffered cuts, scratches and bite wounds, according to a police report."

http://www.indystar.com/story/...on-county/451606001/

Nice neighborhood.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Reason number 17 to carry a gun, even while you are at home...
Nah, you'll have time to get it, it's always within arms reach. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Damn. He got up and walked away. Was hoping for a better ending than that or at least the next time he insulted someone it would be from a wheelchair.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad it was ALL caught on video or the firefighter might have picked up some serious charges.

Posts: 12678 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post