SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another bad guy bites the dust
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another bad guy bites the dust Login/Join 
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Police say a father eating with his family at a fast food restaurant in San Antonio fatally shot a robber who threatened his family with a gun.

Police Capt. Michael Starnes told the San Antonio Express-News that the robber died at the scene Wednesday evening.

San Antonio police Sgt. Roy Miller says the gunman threatened the father and restaurant employees and the employees ran out the back of the restaurant. The gunman demanded money and, when the father refused, the gunman turned his weapon toward the man's family. At that point, the father, who is licensed to carry a firearm, pulled out his own gun and fired.

Starnes says the father isn't facing charges and that he "really saved the day and protected a lot of people."

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Give that man a medal.

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Good man....preferred if the threat was terminated at 1st sign of a weapon.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That'll be the lead story on all the national news programs tonight. Tomorrow it'll front page news in the New York Times.

What's that? The MSM will ignore this??

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Got a link? Google is silent.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I found this w/ bing:
http://www.kens5.com/news/crim...s-with-gun/497486868

ETA: I guess the other news source I found is flagged. My mistake.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Here ya go

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^That seems like a bad link.

Posts: 333 | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Here ya go

Very droll! I googled something similar and got nothing but references to the mass murder.

I couldn’t believe there were no shootings in San Antonio in the last month or so. Never happens!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paceac:
It's working just fine for me, and evidently for Jim Allen as well.

Is anybody else having trouble with it?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried it again and it worked. The first time was pop up spam saying I'd won something. Now I'll never know what I won.

quote:
quote:

Posts: 333 | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tried it again and it worked. The first time was pop up spam saying I'd won something. Now I'll never know what I won.

quote:
quote:

Not working for me. All I get is some listings of possible sites.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
Man, I love stories with a happy ending. (i.e. room temperature POS's).

Posts: 527 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
AMF

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I am sorry that the bad guy followed the wrong master.
And I am sorry that the good guy and his family had to deal with the situation and the aftermath.
I hope they come through this well.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Give that man a medal.

and another bullet.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://abc13.com/father-kills-...his-family-/2751065/

This link works, but there is not much more on it.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Here's another version that tells a bit more and this one made it to Yahoo.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fat...inted-124758681.html

A father eating a meal with his family at a Texas Popeyes shot and killed a robber who threatened him and his wife and children with a gun.

Carlos Molina, 32, was eating at a San Antonio Popeyes with his family around 9pm on Wednesday when Andres Herrera, 19, walked in to the fast food restaurant and demanded his money and belongings at gunpoint.

Molina told Herrera that he had no money - because he spent it on the meal - and asked the teen if his family could leave, according to the San Antonio Police Department.

Herrera then turned turned to the restaurant's counter and pointed his gun at the manger, police reported to Fox San Antonio.

Molina, his wife, and two of their children, prepared to leave, but had to wait for two more of his children who were still in the bathroom.

When they walked out into the dining room, Herrera pointed the gun at them, authorities say.

Molina, a licensed handgun owner, quickly pulled out his own gun and shot Herrera several times, killing him, police say.

Officer said that Molina shot in defense of a third person, and the incident remains under investigation.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2102 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stand by. I'll forward your email address to my guy in the deposed Nigerian government. He will tell you exactly how much you have won, and what you need to do in order to collect it.

I think that you'll need to send him your bank routing number and your account number, along with your Social Security Number. He'll let you know if he needs anything else.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים