SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Went to the Boot Barn - Rude customer service, and was mocked for asking about quality?... What cowboy boots do you wear?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went to the Boot Barn - Rude customer service, and was mocked for asking about quality?... What cowboy boots do you wear? Login/Join 
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
Another fan of Double H brand boots. I practically live in mine. I have three pair. They always run same size be it round or square toe. I tried a pair of the Tecova Cartwrights and while I wanted to like them I just couldn't. Returned them and bought another pair of Double H square toe. Double H still does Made in America. All three pair I currently own say it on the inside.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Double H boots are still made in the USA along with some Justin boots. I have and like both brands.

https://www.justinboots.com/fo...de-in-the-usa-styles

Posts: 1153 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Ariat

Posts: 1541 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I can't wear Cowboy boots--my high instep prevents it. I wouldn't stand for treatment like that from sales people, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I have Lucchese’s & Lamas. I would be contacting BB corporate HQ & ask to speak to a real man familiar with their marketing and remind them of proper practices but alas, it would do no good. There corporate HQ is on Laguna canyon rd in Irvine, Ca. They should be selling beach wear in lieu of western wear with that address! Btw, I guess that sales girl thinks real men are made in China

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
Take a day trip down to Scottsdale. Saba's Western Wear. Ask for Jerry Hill, he knows his boots.

Sad. Went to Scottsdale & Shea in February, no Saba's, no Jerry Hall.

Wow, that man knows everything about boot construction and lemon wood pegs and leather.

Dad is moving after 47 years ... and gave me a found pair of USA-made Nocona boots from the back of his closet. Never worn, c.1991 according to Nocona (now owned by Justin). Maybe it is high time to give them a try. Stylin' at my niece's graduation tonight. Big Grin

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The folks I know that ride, do barn work, etc. like Ariats. If you’re looking for sharp looking “urban cowboy” boots, I agree with those that say spend the money for custom boots for YOU.

Almost 20 years ago, my agency bought me a pair of Whites logging boots for wild land fire fighting. They were made to order, and included measurements made at several places. They were made for my feet and to this day fit them like a glove. With the ankle support and logging heel, they are not made for walking around town and make you look like Frankenstein’s monster when you do- but in the woods, I could scarcely ask for better.

If comfortable walking around boots are what you’re after, have them custom made and take care of them.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Boot Barn stores in Houston carry both Lucchese and Nocona. I have a pair of smooth ostrich Lucchese, and I really like them. I also refuse to buy a pair of boots made in China. If I recall, last time I went in there most of the Justin were hecho en Mexico.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tecovas is an American, made in Mexico brand that a is well built, no nonsense, good value boot. They are mostly online but I found sizing true to size and they have a great return policy. You might want to check them out.

I bought a pair of these recently and I like them a lot.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I own several pairs of Lucchese boots. I have not worn them on a regular basis in a few years. When I did That was all I owned in shoes for 6 years other than a 20 year old pair of dress shoes.
I have one pair of Lucchese boots I wore so much I have had the leather soles re done at least 3 times. The uppers are in great shape.
Very comfortable boots. They are expensive however I thought they were worth it.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Totally depends on what you want the boots for.

For work, I prefer Ariats with the thick gel soles. Just order them from Amazon & save the hassle of going to a boot store.

For dress, find a custom boot maker. Expensive, but very nice & custom fit.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bearstarr:
Double H boots are still made in the USA along with some Justin boots. I have and like both brands.

I'm wearing Double H work boots now as I type this. My other boots are America made Noconas and Lucchese. The Lucchese are actually branded Burn's Cowboy Shop and are hippo skin. My favorite obviously.

I love my Double H work boots though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
These will be worn mostly for dress, weekends, etc. They will never see a pair of stirrups.
I would love to get a pair of custom made boots, but that’s not in the budget at this point in my life.

For work I wear a pair of Asolo Drifter boots. They have a Goretex liner, so when crap spills on my boots, my feet stay dry, plus they are incredibly comfortable and have amazing support.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
These will be worn mostly for dress, weekends, etc. They will never see a pair of stirrups.
I would love to get a pair of custom made boots, but that’s not in the budget at this point in my life.

For work I wear a pair of Asolo Drifter boots. They have a Goretex liner, so when crap spills on my boots, my feet stay dry, plus they are incredibly comfortable and have amazing support.

Asolo makes quality boots. If you have a Tractor Supply nearby, drop by and look at the Ariat lineup. Anything outside of custom, obviously make sure they are the right fit in person. I think a lot of boots end up in closets because they seemed like a great idea at the time but end up with a small detail like a pinched big toe joint of loose heel that inevitably shelves them.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Flipping inmates running the asylum....

Pretty soon millennial d-bags will be "running" everything...if they can manage to find their way out of their parents' basement and get gainful employment

quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I, too, feel you should have given the store manager an opportunity to make it right.

The part I should have included that is in my review... the manager (another giggly girl) heard the whole charade.

BTW, not butthurt, I just have an expectation of professionalism when I enter a retail store. I clearly set my expectations too high.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of Boulet calfskin boots that are made very well and very comfortable. Made in Canada. I have several other pair by different makers but wear these most often.

-------------------
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.

Posts: 1107 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are your preferences for cowboy boots?

Nothing that they sell. And if they started I'd still get them somewhere else for just the reasons you experienced.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I wear Lucchese boots, and they make a good boot. Theirs are either made in El Paso or Mexico, and those Mexican boots are well made. (I bet a lot of the boot makers in El Paso are of Mexican descent anyway. They know their bootmaking.) The "fancier" boots tend to be made in El Paso - exotic skins, and more deluxe styles. The United States made boots are more expensive.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have three pair of boots; Justin London Calf that are 23 years old, Lucchese Hornback Caiman that are about 11 years old, and a pair of Caborca Crocodile boots that are brand new. I don't have enough miles on the Caborca to have an opinion, but they are tighter through the shaft and instep than the Justin and Lucchese and will clearly take some breaking in.

Lucchese are by far the most comfortable boots I own. They really are special. They really are expensive, too, so there's that. My Justin are before the company was bought by Warren Buffett, back when it was an independent boot maker. Justin of today is not the Justin of yesteryear.

I'll have to look at the Double H; never had a chance to try them.

Good luck.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I bought my first pair of cowboy boots a few years back and they are Lucchese. Trust me, I wanted to spend less but comfortable was way more important.

It looks like the nearest Cavender's to the OP is in Albuquerque, NM

If you get that far Lucchese has a store in Santa Fe, NM. Nothing but the US made models there I believe. Figure all models will be north of $900. You’ll by god get customer service there though.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post