SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Duluth bare naked t shirts
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duluth bare naked t shirts Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
I started wearing UA v neck tshirts when I moved to Texas, they work really well under an oxford.

It seems UA no longer carries the tshirt I am looking for...the last ones I ordered are too short and feel pretty cheap.

Anyone wear Duluth's bare naked tshirts? How are they

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I have not tried those Duluth Trading shirts but I have plenty others from Duluth Trading. I think you can order with confidence. Plus they have a no bull guarantee so you can't go wrong.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
You should check WalMart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Und...-Size-Large/46658962

I don't think he's saying he can't get them but that the ones UA is now selling are not the same as they used to be.

Posts: 3374 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to a local contractor who wears dtc shirts, they are not the same as they used to be either.

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
If you mean Buck Naked, they are cool in heat and humidity, and durable. But none of mine are less than a year old.

They are plenty long enough to stay between IWB tuckable holsters and skin.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
We just got a new Duluth store. What are some must have items besides the bare naked underwear ?

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
We just got a new Duluth store. What are some must have items besides the bare naked underwear ?

Fire Hose Flex cargo pants and shorts. Armachillo shirts for warm summer days. Dry On The Fly stuff. Their Alaskan Hard Gear stuff is really good if you live in the cold like I do here.

I like everything I have purchased from them.
The manager of the local Duluth Trading store was at my house a couple weeks ago for a bbq.
He came with a friend. We discussed a lot about their apparel. My only complaint is they go a little overboard on their use of velcro for holding pocket flaps etc. I'd like to see more button down stuff. Turns out everything I was wearing was Duluth Trading when he was here.

A week later I got a certificate in the mail for a free Alaskan Hard Gear hat. Nice gesture on his part.

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:

Fire Hose Flex cargo pants and shorts. Armachillo shirts for warm summer days. Dry On The Fly stuff. Their Alaskan Hard Gear stuff is really good if you live in the cold like I do here.

The manager of the local Duluth Trading store was at my house a couple weeks ago for a bbq.
He came with a friend. We discussed a lot about their apparel. My only complaint is they go a little overboard on their use of velcro for holding pocket flaps etc. I'd like to see more button down stuff. Turns out everything I was wearing was Duluth Trading when he was here.

A week later I got a certificate in the mail for a free Alaskan Hard Gear hat. Nice gesture on his part.

Velcro on the right rear pocket is a deal breaker. Impossible to get the wallet back in it at a drive through. I might stop in there today.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have switched from Under Armor underwear to Buck naked. Very happy. I use their tee shirts and shorts too.
I have two pair of the dry on the fly Duluthflex shorts, the most comfortable shorts I own, and 30% off. They are a light weight shorts. Going to try their firehouse flex shorts.

Only issue is I can only afford their clothes when on sale.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1125 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:

Velcro on the right rear pocket is a deal breaker. Impossible to get the wallet back in it at a drive through. I might stop in there today.

They are designed to tuck the flap inside the pocket so it's like any other non flap pocket. But if you go in and out of the pocket several times the flap will work it's way back out and have to reset it inside again. Slight annoyance.

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Seems like some of the manufacturers have downsized the thread count. Big Grin So much that if you fart, you will find a hole in your underwear. Frown Not good if you have to go to the hospital. Eek

Seems to be the case for Hanes and now you are concerned about UA.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I wear A LOT of Duluth Trading stuff. Shirts, shorts, pants, underwear, all of it. It's all good-to-go.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If cotton is an option I'm very happy with my first purchase of the Kirklands from Costco. Nice and heavy duty and nice long body for easy tuck in. Much better than the Hanes they replaced.
Tend to run large compared to Hanes. I wore an XL in Hanes but the Large is plenty big in the Kirkland. 6 for $19 bucks or so.

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I resisted their stuff for quite a while, but ended up getting 3 pairs of the buck naked boxer briefs, and I really like them. I object to paying so much for undergarments, but it appears that eventually I'll completely fold and get one of everything.

I was just looking at their website for some tall version v-neck tees, but unfortunately they insist on putting a pocket on the chest. Prefer mine without a pocket.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Does the Armachillo stuff work and keep you cooler?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Does the Armachillo stuff work and keep you cooler?

It's not like you are wearing a pair of air-conditioned skivvies, no.

It's moisture-wicking and fast-drying. Also, they claim the fabric has jade in it, which makes it stay cool-to-the-touch, which it generally does.

IMHO, it's no better or worse than Under Armour, except that Duluth makes casual wear, not athletic wear. I have a couple of Armachillo long-sleeve button-downs that are my go-to theme park shirts. They keep me comfy and keep the sun off me.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Costco carries a brand called "32 Degrees." It's similar to UA and other tech fabrics, but lighter weight and at a fraction of the cost. That's what I use for tees under other shirts.

Hmmm... Looks like they have their own site: 32 Degrees

Wow. The 32 Degrees stuff at Costco is usually $7/shirt. For the prices on the 32 Degrees site I'd buy UA.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few of the buck naked wife beaters and they are pretty good. I picked up an armachillo tank and that this is ridiculously comfy. I like it better than the buck naked but they are usually $10 more

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Costco carries a brand called "32 Degrees."
Wow. The 32 Degrees stuff at Costco is usually $7/shirt. For the prices on the 32 Degrees site I'd buy UA.

Actually the price is $7 per package of two. There is only 4 colors available though. Black, Grey, Charcoal and blue. I've picked up a few this summer and use them as an undershirt for work and at the gym. They hold there shape well, but are more prone to abrasion wear than the heavier weight UA.

I can't see paying the price that's on the 32 Degree website.

-TVz

Posts: 432 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post