SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your late evening musical interlude with Mr. Paul Simon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your late evening musical interlude with Mr. Paul Simon Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
aah Takes me back to my youth, Thanks Para

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Having recently fixed the surrounds on my 4.1 bass, this sounds great. It's like getting glasses for my ears.

Posts: 7347 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While searching for Paul Simon stuff, happily found "The Sounds of Silence" (Not a pure Simon tune, I know)

Been looping the Disturbed version of that one so long, I forgot the original was good, too. Red Face

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1933 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kodachrome is one of my all time favorites, and I always laugh and think how many nowadays even know what that is?

But I listened to the Graceland stuff posted, and not hearing it in a little while makes me remember how great an album it is.....I still remember when it came out, it was so fresh, and different sounding.....just plain GOOD music. You don't hear anything like it (not saying style wise) today, or for many years. Where has our good music gone?

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
Kodachrome was playing while my first child was being born and then handed to me.

Its a wonderful memory, especially since I already loved that song.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6086 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
I had loves me like a rock on 45rpm and played the heck out of it. Smile

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Excellent choices.
Kodachrome hits home for people our age, who learned photography in the '80s and earlier. Nothing like it.
Thanks.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put on some good ear phones and listen to Graceland.
Amazing.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I really like the live version of Loves Me Like a Rock that he did with the Jesse Dixon singers.

And his band these days is incredible, as well.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10480 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Always loved the bass line in Graceland.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Saw Simon & Garfunkel in concert in 1970 or 1971. It was one of THE best performance I was ever fortunate enough to attend. To this day several of the songs IMMEDIATELY remind me of that time , who I was with and the concert.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LPthjsBCk0o

One of my favorites when it was Simon & Garfunkel

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Graceland-- the album-- is my favorite. I love every cut. Filled with great lines, like: "Losing love is like a window in your heart/Everybody sees you're blown apart." Whew. Right.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Rhythm of The Saints is excellent as well...maybe a little underrated.

Posts: 1966 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a major plumbing project in my house last winter/spring/summer. S&G were part of the soundtrack to that project; I listened to a bunch of their-and Paul Simon's-stuff throughout. I have been a lifelong Paul Simon appreciator and fan. He's a national treasure.
Graceland...that album amazes me every time I put it on. Brilliant. Oh, and remember... one man's ceiling is another man's floor Wink

Posts: 2690 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
"Why am I so soft in the middle?/The rest of my life is so hard."

Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I get a tear in my eye when I listen to Kodachrome.

Posts: 4620 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post