SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ferrari announces new 812 Superfast
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ferrari announces new 812 Superfast Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That California Spyder is gorgeous. Much more my style. I'd never own a red vehicle, not even a Ferrari.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Wrong color my ass, that friggin car ^^^ is gorgeous. Razz

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Red with tan interior should be the only color Ferrari comes with.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
Red with tan interior should be the only color Ferrari comes with.

I agree, the outside has to be red.....unless it's a white testarosa. But I'd like a red car with a black interior.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I like how it's "affordable" - 'only' $308K. Unlike the Bugattis, which seem to built for the express purpose of bragging about having the most expensive production cars. I think the latest one STARTS at $2.6 MILLION. . .

There is a documentary (currently on Netflix) called Apex all about the rise of the Hypercar they interview a couple of the top bosses of Bugatti and your assessment is 100% correct but guess what they sell every one they make and are truely remararkable cars so they can pretty much say or do whatever they would like.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Phenomenal car, but I guess they don't have speed bumps in Italy. The front air dam would be trashed in no time here.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
True to its name, with a claimed top speed of >210 mph. (Yes, there are exotics with higher posted numbers, but that would be fast enough per me.)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I do enjoy looking at them, and the artistically produced Top Gear specials were so wonderful. But I've driven a few at the track, and I would much rather have the GT3 I drove then the Lambos or Ferraris I drove.

But they are wonderful cars. And that grey color is AlRiGht with me!

Posts: 11386 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like the body work...would love to hear it take off full throttle

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
Nice but way out of my price range. I will keep my Viper.

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aaargh! They keep torturing me with these infernal machines! Why can't I win the lottery!

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I like how it's "affordable" - 'only' $308K. Unlike the Bugattis, which seem to built for the express purpose of bragging about having the most expensive production cars. I think the latest one STARTS at $2.6 MILLION. . .

There is a documentary (currently on Netflix) called Apex all about the rise of the Hypercar they interview a couple of the top bosses of Bugatti and your assessment is 100% correct but guess what they sell every one they make and are truely remararkable cars so they can pretty much say or do whatever they would like.

Apex was great & I liked how it mostly centered on Koenigsegg. Absolutely love the Agera.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful car.

quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Aaargh! They keep torturing me with these infernal machines! Why can't I win the lottery!

I know!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
True to its name, with a claimed top speed of >210 mph. (Yes, there are exotics with higher posted numbers, but that would be fast enough per me.)
And that's why I'd likely never own one of these even if I hit the lotto. Just how often would you have the opportunity to exploit anything close to its top speed or performance capabilities (without visiting the inside of a jail somewhere)? Being built in very limited quantities, these things are little more than collector's items / status symbols.

But then again, I'm the kinda guy who after hitting the lotto, would likely buy another half ton truck to drive. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Amazingly Beautiful.

The California is like the cute sister... Smile non identical twins.

I am not enamored with the "superfast" part of the name. From a marketing standpoint, it is redundant. From a logical standpoint, is there a superslow Ferrari? NO. Call it the 812 Awesome. That would be just as descriptive.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedprof:
Amazingly Beautiful.

I am not enamored with the "superfast" part of the name. From a marketing standpoint, it is redundant. From a logical standpoint, is there a superslow Ferrari? NO. Call it the 812 Awesome. That would be just as descriptive.

Yeah the Magnum PI 308's are a real slouch and would get beat by a new hyundai sonatra.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amazingly Beautiful.

There is a tradition with the Superfast name at Ferrari.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/t...e-insane-v-12-power/

Truth in Naming: Ferrari 812 Superfast Claims 211 MPH, Even More Insane V-12 Power
FEBRUARY 16, 2017 AT 1:35 PM BY CLIFFORD ATIYEH PHOTOGRAPHY BY DAVEY G. JOHNSON AND THE MANUFACTURER

Sometimes, despite all the rich adjectives and clever metaphors in the English language, the verbiage of a little boy best describes a car. This red car is super fast. It is a Ferrari. Ergo, it is called the Ferrari 812 Superfast.

For its 70th birthday, Ferrari is once again resurrecting the Superfast name, first seen on the 4.9 Superfast that was the quickest car we tested in the 1950s. Then as now, Ferrari’s most powerful 12-cylinder engine resides in this new 812 Superfast, a hairier evolution of the extreme F12tdf introduced for 2016. Ferrari bored out its naturally aspirated 6.3-liter V-12 to 6.5 liters and fitted a new 5076-psi direct-injection system for just shy of 800 horsepower (the 8 in the name is a reference to the car’s 800 metric horsepower)—call it 789 in American.

Equipped with the same variable-length intake runners that shorten and lengthen the intake tracts to maximize airflow, the new V-12 achieves that lofty power output at 8500 rpm, along with 530 lb-ft of torque at 7000 rpm. That equals the LaFerrari’s power and bests its 516 lb-ft. It also beats the F12tdf’s 769 ponies and 520 lb-ft. Lest a turbocharged 488GTB enter the debate, a full 80 percent of the Superfast’s torque is available at 3500 rpm. Ferrari claims a zero-to-62-mph time of 2.9 seconds, a top speed of 211 mph, and upon request will cite more figures no other front-engined production car could hope to match. Ferrari 812 Superfast

Software plays an even more significant role here than in the F12tdf. A second generation of Ferrari’s virtual short wheelbase (Maranello’s name for rear-wheel steering), a fifth version of its side slip control, and Ferrari’s first ever electric power steering promise invincibility. The seven-speed dual-clutch automatic sports new gear ratios and quicker shifting times. All the familiar reactive aero flaps in the front, venturis out back, vents, intakes, and aerodynamic wonders are here, but there’s no wing to disrupt the Superfast’s slippery body. Whether or not it’s more beautiful than the original F12berlinetta is the one burning question we’ve raised about all Ferrari models since the company dropped Pininfarina in favor of its own styling studio. The Superfast shares the F12tdf’s length but is 0.4 inch wider and 0.1 inch taller. Ferrari will release more details in the coming weeks as it prepares for the Superfast’s debut at the Geneva auto show. Although pricing is not yet being discussed, a spokesman told C/D that it is most “appropriate” to compare its cost with that of the F12berlinetta, which currently sells for just under $330,000.

Back to the kid-friendly name: Ferrari’s last modern use of Superfast was in 2009, when it built one gold-colored P540 Superfast Aperta based off the 599GTB. We keep seeing Superfast Ferraris coming up at auctions, too. In January, a 1965 Superfast Series I sold in Scottsdale for more than $2.9 million. Two other Superfast coupes sold at Monterey in 2015 and 2016, respectively, for $3.03 million and $2.75 million. All had a 5.0-liter V-12 with 400 horsepower that hit 170 mph—on 1960s-era tires and with 1960s-era brakes. Maxing the 812 Superfast should be altogether less frightening, but let’s not think too deeply: It’s just really, really fast.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:

well, they have a history of shitty names.. Take their hypercar for example. They named it "The Ferrari" so when one is talking about it, you're saying something like "did you see the the ferrari"

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nice video of it in the dark charcoal color vs red being unveiled in Geneva....

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co...erfast-35510117.html

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post