SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ferrari announces new 812 Superfast
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ferrari announces new 812 Superfast Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Stunning, expensive, fast, bellissima!...

The 812 Superfast debuted at the Geneva International Motor Show on Tuesday with a 12-cylinder, 800-horsepower engine that accelerates to 100 kilometers (62 miles) per hour in as little as 2.9 seconds, making it Ferrari’s most powerful production model ever. Priced at 292,000 euros ($308,000) in Italy, the new flagship is already sold out for 2017, Ferrari Chief Executive Officer Sergio Marchionne said in an interview with Bloomberg TV.

Link

Posts: 23453 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess I'll have to wait until 2018.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Dang it,

I was just going to put in my order for one.

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7 Mary 4
Picture of imprezaguy02
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Corvette with class.

Posts: 8122 | Registered: March 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not that I don't have the money to buy one; because I don't.
But it would take me less than 10 seconds for me to kill myself with that thing.
There is something to be said for taking it slow and smelling the flowers.

Posts: 162 | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
My wife wonders how I can say a car is sexy......how can you not <<drool>>

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's an awesome and beautiful car. I'm amazed at how fast ALL of the performance cars have gotten, it makes the muscle cars of the 60's performance look like a joke.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I was one of those that pre-ordered the '17 model but my check didn't clear. Frown

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
I was one of those that pre-ordered the '17 model but my check didn't clear. Frown

Can I buy your slot, I have some IOU's and an EBT card I found in front of 7-11 on the sidewalk today?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, be still my heart!!!! No one has an eye for design like the Italians. I will never own one of these pieces of art, but I can dream.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Apparently they don't take wampum

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Wonder how long till some rapper wrecks one?

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Another beautiful front engine v-12. I don't like the wheels but overall they've done it again. I still want a 550 Maranello though.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
At first, I thought the name was silly. Then I read that it's similar to the SV line from Lamborghini, which stands for Super Veloce, or Super Fast.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15322 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I love Ferrari's, but I'm not feeling this one. I'll take the cheaper Ferrari California Spyder and pocket the difference. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
the best part about this car is the name. It's supposed to compete with the Aventador, the flagship of which is the Aventador SV (or Super Veloce, or "superfast") Razz

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I love Ferrari's, but I'm not feeling this one. I'll take the cheaper Ferrari California Spyder and pocket the difference. Wink

Wrong color.

Posts: 9513 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I like how it's "affordable" - 'only' $308K. Unlike the Bugattis, which seem to built for the express purpose of bragging about having the most expensive production cars. I think the latest one STARTS at $2.6 MILLION. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imprezaguy02:
Looks like a Corvette with class.

I would rather have a Corvette Wink Big Grin

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Wrong color.
For a 'purist', I agree. But I'm no purist. That graphite color is just plain mean. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post