SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's snowing here...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's snowing here... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Snowed here today too....

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to snow this weekend here in DC, bedlam will ensue I'm sure.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
I am working in it. You would be shocked at the epic stupidity going on right now.

Hehe, we have mass stupidity when there is a light dusting, I can imagine what it is like.....worked through enough winter storms with stupid drivers. I guess in compensation for not winning the Powerball Lottery, Fate give me this weekend off. Big Grin

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRshootem:
Dang! Up here in Montana, last year was snowpocalypse. So far this winter, we have not seen a total of more than 3", at least on the East side of the Divide. Hunker in mid western peeps.

Drove up to Libby Sunday afternoon. Essentially snow free. Went to bed around midnight and...same. Woke up at 0500 to about a foot of the white stuff and it kept coming down. It was nasty up there all week. Wednesday I had to come home for the night and went back up yesterday morning. I wasn't able to go more than about 15MPH without sliding out when heading up 56 (A layer of ice covered by about 3" of half frozen slush and freezing rain coming down on top of both). First time I've needed to chain up in years and even with the chains on I was only able to go about 30MPH.

It was pretty miserable. Lincoln county finally got things cleared up pretty well by this afternoon. Sanders county, on the other hand, is still using their solar powered snow and ice removal machine. Otherwise known as the sun. Our tax dollars at work.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just hoping for a couple of inches of the white stuff. We’re in NC and looks like it will miss us. Just in case we’re getting some: freezer is full of goodies. ☺️

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curious: where did you get this glass? And: can I Still get it?

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Time to hunker down, make a fire, and maybe have a McCallan. Smile

I've been enjoying Aberlour this winter on snowy nights:

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
^^ Or maybe he made it?

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turning_gal:
Curious: where did you get this glass? And: can I Still get it?

https://benshot.com

They are a small company out of Wisconsin. They made the news last year for buying all of their employees a handgun for Christmas.

The glasses made great gifts this year. I got one each for all of my engineers on the ship. I also got my French father in-law a pint glass with the .50 BMG round in it. He loved it. I got him the .50 BMG bottle opener last year.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife bought my son a glass from lucky shot usa.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Keep that crap north of us!

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
...You would be shocked at the epic stupidity going on right now.

I had to spend the afternoon in DeKalb, and the stupidity and rudeness spread at least this far north, even though the forecast is for just 1-1/2" max. One guy blocking the only entrance to a local hospital for no reason (luckily just a few minutes), people driving stupid in the grocery store lots, and I even got cut off by an unmarked police car on Rte 38, he couldn't wait to pass safely before turning into the police station.

I'm staying home all weekend. Fuck 'em all!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Rain here.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
We are finally supposed to get our first snow worth shoveling of the season here in arctic central Iowa. Only 1-3 inches though. I've been watching the news reports of the snowmageddon you guys are facing back home. The last two years STL has had far more snow than us. All those foolish souls who thought rear wheel drive and low profile summer tires were a good idea in the salt belt will be tested.

Posts: 2513 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in the Flathead, Montana and it's practically tropical.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
What is this stuff called snow? Could someone send a couple of inches to southern Texas so we can have a reason cook a stew, sit by the fire and sip a Grape Nehi? Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
What is this stuff called snow? Could someone send a couple of inches to southern Texas so we can have a reason cook a stew, sit by the fire and sip a Grape Nehi? Smile

I have 9 inches of it in the backyard. You are welcome to as much as you want. Just bring a shovel!

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
It just started snowing here...
and we are expecting at least a foot!
Eek
Time to hunker down, make a fire, and maybe have a little McCallan. Smile

We are in KC. Mrs Cliff has a pot of chili on. A tip of my Elijhah Craig 12YO bourbon filled glass back at you.

That sounds like a delightful evening. Jealous.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
We're supposed to get some this weekend. I just finished making a big pot of beef stew. The dog is quite fond of beef stew.

That looks awesome as well Jim.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScooterX:
Sorry you have to work Kevin, but it's been years since we've had a good snow and I am pumped. Going for milkshakes after amateur rush hour(s) is done.

Oh... I love snow... it is the idiots that drive me nuts....

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
Going to snow this weekend here in DC, bedlam will ensue I'm sure.

Yeah, but they keep changing their damned minds. 20 minutes East in Annapolis, we’re either in the 1-4” band or the 2-7” band, depending on who you listen to, and they’ve been changing their minds every hour for the past two days.

I just hope it slows down like they’re projecting currently, so that it’s still falling after dark on Sunday. My work schedule gets a lot easier this week if PG County schools close on Monday.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post