SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's snowing here...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's snowing here... Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted
It just started snowing here...
and we are expecting at least a foot!
Eek
Time to hunker down, make a fire, and maybe have a little McCallan. Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24050 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Time to hunker down, make a fire, and maybe have a McCallan. Smile

I've been enjoying Aberlour this winter on snowy nights:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30400 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
We're supposed to get a few flakes, but the bulk of the system is going just north of us.

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Damn! Serious stuff!
It even stops bullets!
I might have to get some... Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24050 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Yes, apparently they weren't kidding. I just topped-off the bird feeders for the second time today. Those feathered little f...ers are stocking up on fuel so their feet don't freeze.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
It just started snowing here...
and we are expecting at least a foot!
Eek
Time to hunker down, make a fire, and maybe have a little McCallan. Smile

We are in KC. Mrs Cliff has a pot of chili on. A tip of my Elijhah Craig 12YO bourbon filled glass back at you.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Just missed us here in Tulsa

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

quote:

Time to hunker down, make a fire, and maybe have a McCallan. Smile

Love the glass Alan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Hope you all got your French Toast fixings Big Grin

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
We're supposed to get some this weekend. I just finished making a big pot of beef stew. The dog is quite fond of beef stew.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
We are suppose to get 4-6" here in Cincy.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
We're supposed to get some this weekend. I just finished making a big pot of beef stew. The dog is quite fond of beef stew.

Damn Jim...that looks outstanding...

Lucky dog! Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
A tip of my Elijhah Craig 12YO bourbon filled glass back at you.

A tip of my glass back at you, Cliff! Smile

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
We are suppose to get 4-6" here in Cincy.

That’s what they always say, and then we just get a thick frost at best..

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
We've got about 8" or so at my homestead. Went snowboarding at Loveland ski area today. Best powder day I've had in quite a while. My thighs are feeling it.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I am working in it. You would be shocked at the epic stupidity going on right now.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Dang! Up here in Montana, last year was snowpocalypse. So far this winter, we have not seen a total of more than 3", at least on the East side of the Divide. Hunker in mid western peeps.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Stay safe Kevin. When this is over call me. Let's get a beer.

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
I am working in it. You would be shocked at the epic stupidity going on right now.

I wouldn't be shocked. I had to drive 7.5 miles on Olive Blvd to get home. 7.5 miles took right at an hour. The entertainment value wasn't worth the time. Saw a few low speed spinouts as people tried to dart through traffic lights with all traffic just crawling along. No rear end collisions though.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stay safe Kevin. When this is over call me. Let's get a beer.

Sounds good. Shoot me an email.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry you have to work Kevin, but it's been years since we've had a good snow and I am pumped. Going for milkshakes after amateur rush hour(s) is done.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post