SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's snowing here...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's snowing here... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Snowing here in the Bluegrass, right now looks to be about 1 1/2" or so and still coming down.

I had a field trip this morning, but it was cancelled/delayed, the problem is I have another one for early evening. I might end up with both back to back. That is if they don't cancelled them.

I don't mind driving in snow, but I am a little worried. My "new" car is wearing summer ultra high performance tires, now exactly the best tires for this kind of stuff!

I have been waiting to get more suitable winter tires, but have been a little short on cash. So I hope that it either clears up, and the roads are clear or they go ahead and cancel the field trips.

I have already taken the fur baby out to play in the snow, it was a big time! Lots of talking! LoL

She loves, Loves, LOVES this stuff! I almost couldn't get her back into the house! LoL

Everyone stay safe, enjoy your snow if that's your thing.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Snowing like hell.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Well, here is what we are waking up to in St. Louis MO. From now to Sunday AM they expect 2"-4" more of snow so the pic below tells you where they expect us to be tomorrow AM given what is already on the ground:

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
Snowing here in the Bluegrass, right now looks to be about 1 1/2" or so and still coming down.

I had a field trip this morning, but it was cancelled/delayed, the problem is I have another one for early evening. I might end up with both back to back. That is if they don't cancelled them.

I don't mind driving in snow, but I am a little worried. My "new" car is wearing summer ultra high performance tires, now exactly the best tires for this kind of stuff!

I have been waiting to get more suitable winter tires, but have been a little short on cash. So I hope that it either clears up, and the roads are clear or they go ahead and cancel the field trips.

I have already taken the fur baby out to play in the snow, it was a big time! Lots of talking! LoL

She loves, Loves, LOVES this stuff! I almost couldn't get her back into the house! LoL

ARman

Arman, be VERY CAREFUL about driving in snow with summer tires. The very few times I've been caught with summer tires and a minor amount of snow, you are taking your, your passengers, and anyone around you, lives in your hands.

If you can just stay home.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Hopefully you get enough to keep most home. I kinda like 10" of snow over 3" for that reason. I have to go in to work anyhow.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It started overnight, we've got about 2" on the ground with another 2-3" on the way until it stops tonight. There's a gun show over in Davenport (about a 10 mile drive) that I'll skip today, maybe I'll catch it tomorrow.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Snow sure is beautiful:

I keep a bird bath warm and full in winter:

The road outside our house doesn't look very inviting:

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Snow sure is beautiful...

And so is that outdoor fireplace h2oys! Wow!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I built my "country club size" fireplace in my backyard about 4 years ago. The project of the wall and the fireplace just kept "growing" Wink

posted Hide Post
We are getting, literally, a light dusting...but it’s that light crap that when everyone starts driving on it becomes a matted down sheet of ice...

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Been told we’re good for 3-8” starting sometime between now and this evening. Hope it doesn’t mess up my plans for a local brewery’s 6th Anniversary event today.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
Here on the Catoctin it looks like 3 inches or so. Four is less will be great. No need to hop on the tractor and clear the road.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
We have 8” of snow on our deck, and it’s still snowing hard! Oh boy!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The kids convinced me we need to take the RC cars out and bash around in the snow...it was a tough sell. Cool

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I just went out to measure and have 12" with snow still falling. As of this morning they were saying up to 4" more by tomorrow AM.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
We are on the very south side of kc. We have almost 9 inches now and its still coming down.

I have a smallish Honda snow blower. I'm not sure it will handle this much. Especially as wet as it is.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:

ARman

Arman, be VERY CAREFUL about driving in snow with summer tires. The very few times I've been caught with summer tires and a minor amount of snow, you are taking your, your passengers, and anyone around you, lives in your hands.

If you can just stay home.

Well, thank God that it stopped snowing, warmed up and the county and State did a bang up job and the roads are clear! It's now above freezing and excited to stay that way, so no refreezing.

No problems with the summer ultra high performance tires.... still need to get something more suitable for the winter.

I'm now waiting for my team to load up for the game.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
Well, the forecast was wrong. I just got off the tractor for the second time today. We were expecting 3-4 inches. Got 10+. It is still snowing lightly here on the Catoctin.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
We ended up with about 7” out of this storm. I wish it could have come a bit earlier, say, around Christmas.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post