SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Neal Peart passed away.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neal Peart passed away. Login/Join 
Picture of Killer
posted

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Wow. Frown

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
One of the best ever.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That guy could play.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Wow I had no idea. He was truly a talented man. I thoroughly enjoyed Rush. Quite sad news.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. Really glad I got to see him/the band on the R40 tour. A special musician..

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Exit....Stage Left.

You will be missed.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
Imagine him, John Bonham, Buddy Rich and Ginger Baker sitting around arguing about how good of a drummer Ginger Baker is, lol.

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer:
Imagine him, John Bonham, Buddy Rich and Ginger Baker sitting around arguing about how good of a drummer Ginger Baker is, lol.

I’ll add Steve Smith to that list. Wow.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Sad news. RIP, Mr. Peart.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

I’ll add Steve Smith to that list. Wow.[/QUOTE]

But he's still alive, it's a being in heaven joke.

Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Sad. He was without equal.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSentry,

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
He was one of the best to ever hold the sticks. Wow, that sucks.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
A great drummer. Even a better lyricist. Rush has been a part of my life since high school. Part of me finds it hard to believe he's gone. Frown

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Frown
So very sad. Makes me feel old.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Terrible loss. It is a very sad day for Rock n Roll.
He wasn't young, but he wasn't old either. He lived a life most folks could only dream of. "Living in the Limelight" and all.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1899 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
A legend. As a big fan of Rush and Mr. Peart, following as much as I can, this was never on the radar.

After the sudden "break up" of the band after the last tour, this aspect of why was certainly left out of the public eye.

As much pain has he had been through, I hope he was at peace.

Condolences to his family, friends and long time band-mates.

I will hoist a drink in his memory

Entre Nous, my friend. You have left an indelible mark on my life.

ETA: notice my break line below that has been there for some time

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. Big time Rush fan here. Saw them in concert 10 times, one of the best, if not the best live show. RIP Neil!!!

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I am not a Rush fan. But Neil Peart’s drumming was absolutely solid and impressive. He really was a student and master of the art. Rest easy, Neil.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post