SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Neal Peart passed away.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neal Peart passed away. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
I assume they all live in the Greater St. Louis area?

They all played in various bands in the greater St.Louis area. Matt the guitarist and Mike the drummer where huge Rush fans and wanted to do a tribute band because they loved playing their music. As you can I imagine it's almost impossible to find the lead singer in any tribute band much less one with such an iconic voice as Geddy Lee. Then that person also has to play bass which is even tougher to find. That's when they were told about singer Billy Audrain who has been a Rush fan since the 70's. He also happened to play bass. They all got together just for a jam session and they all just hit it off.

They started off just doing local shows and as their popularity grew so did their sets and they started doing more and more shows around the country as the real band was winding down their careers and doing less and less shows.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...oK27NQCnMxIkhvEsnds8

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That’s cool. Should have probably played a NP drum solo but very cool. I wonder where his wall of stars is.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
An iconic musician has left the stage and the music world is the poorer

He had some of the best known intro riffs and solos. You hear a portion and you know who it is.

Condolences to his family and band mates.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Same. Think I was in 9th grade when I started listening to Rush. The intro to 2112 is playing in my head right now.

quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
A great drummer. Even a better lyricist. Rush has been a part of my life since high school. Part of me finds it hard to believe he's gone. Frown

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
While I am sad for his passing, I once heard something from another:

"Be not sad for their death. Celebrate that they were born."

I started listening in 1975 ... so much history and life (with Rush as a soundtrack in some significant part).

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Like many others here of similar age Rush was a part of me growing up as it has been through my life.

I've only had the opportunity to see them a handful of times live, but every time was an experience like no other. That three accomplished musicians could come together the way they did just does not happen any more.

Neil - every drummers favorite drummer.
When Neil plays these ain't no church drums.

RIP

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I didn't read the thread, forgive me. But in case this is new to you all, I caught this linked on a watch forum. A Patek Phillipe watch lost for 11 years, returned.

http://www.neilpeart.net/index...ms/miracle-colorado/

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I didn't read the thread, forgive me. But in case this is new to you all, I caught this linked on a watch forum. A Patek Phillipe watch lost for 11 years, returned.

http://www.neilpeart.net/index...ms/miracle-colorado/
That's a great story. I can also see why Neil was a great lyricist. Holy smokes that was long and detailed. Smile

posted Hide Post
While I've never been drawn to Rush, for whatever reason (and I do have very broad and deep musical taste), I've always still recognized them collectively, and individually, as extremely talented musicians - true artists.

I'm very sorry, to those of you who hold Rush near and dear, for the loss of a beloved icon - I can understand the sentiment. I'll honor this loss to his family, friends, and fans, and more broadly the art of music, by giving Rush another thorough and honest listen in the coming days/weeks. Rest easy, Neil.

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Rush was the first rock concert I ever went to in 1984. The 3 piece band could put out a lot of sound!

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have seen this before a couple of years ago, but looked at it this morning. No music, just three really good friends having dinner and a lot of wine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjbvZJaxcbw

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Not a Rush fan but they had a handful I liked. I can't deny his talent.
Canada still has Gil Moore!
RIP Niel

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3857 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For anyone interested Netflix put up their documentary from 10 years ago that shows the evolution of the band.

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
https://www.audible.com/author...e=MRQOR13801112002W5

All of Neil Peart's books are FREE on audible until 1/28!!!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
If you are sad about the passing of Neil Peart:
Always remember that the earth is over 4 billion years old, and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as Rush.

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 651 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Watch till the end.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...0Rhp0w&feature=share

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Saw that a day or two ago. Lots of little easter eggs for the knowledgeable Rush fan

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post