SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Neal Peart passed away.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neal Peart passed away. Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
RIP one of my favorite drummers from one of my favorite bands.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
RIP. He will be missed. I was always amazed at how much sound 3 guys could produce. Their music was a solid staple of my younger years.

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good..Bad.. I'm the
guy with the gun.
Picture of SIGMYSTER
posted Hide Post
The Professor on the drum kit. R.I.P.

Don't count me out till you see the box go in the hole!

Posts: 2123 | Location: N.E. OHIO | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Nobody could drum like Peart. RIP.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
A sad day.

One of the first bands I ever saw live, back in the early 80's. I think I'll pour a drink and queue up 2112.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Neal Peart!

May you now be rejoined with your wife and daughter.

I have been a huge (Bigly) RUSH fan for a very long time and probably looked forward to seeing Neal play the drums more than anything at the concerts I attended.

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Completely floored when I read the news.

Phenomenal drummer...how very sad.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
As an amateur drummer, I looked up to him as a deity. A sad day, and a huge loss to the music industry.
Frown

Posts: 516 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always loved Rush. I got a chance to see them on their last tour (40th). It was mentioned then that he was suffering health issues at that time but I don't remember them saying it was brain cancer.

He had some heartache in his life for sure when he lost his wife and daughter within a 10 month span. He took off on his motorcycle and rode like 50,000 and wrote a book about it called Ghost Rider.

Dan Rather actually did a phenomenal interview of Geddy Lee not too long ago that you can probably find online. It's pretty funny listening to the interview and listening to Geddy talk about their music teacher saying there's no way you can only have 3 people in the band. Definitely proved that teacher wrong.

I have a good friend who's in a Rush cover band so if any of you from the St.Louis area and are Rush fans you should check out Thunderhead at the Pagent some time it's always a great time.

RIP

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My all time favorite band... now without words.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Very sad. One of my favorite bands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

He had some heartache in his life for sure when he lost his wife and daughter within a 10 month span. He took off on his motorcycle and rode like 50,000 and wrote a book about it called Ghost Rider.
RIP

Read the last line of the book...

Amazed how tightly the news about his brain cancer was controlled. Even more amazed at how they kept the info he'd died out of the news for 3 days.

I've always been in awe of the raw talent of those 3 coming out of hooterville Canada. I've never been one to decipher the lyrics and be moved by their meaning. I just enjoyed music for the art it was.

Their lyrics were different. The seeds of true liberty were born in me after some of their songs pierced the veil of ignorance...

I would have loved, not as some random fan boy, but as a fellow human being, to have met him. I think we would have been friends

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Peart

his music will live on and on !!

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Foremost, my sympathies to Carrie and Olivia.
I am so thankful for the body of work Neil has left us with. What a gift that man was.

Posts: 899 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
Foremost, my sympathies to Carrie and Olivia.
I am so thankful for the body of work Neil has left us with. What a gift that man was.

Indeed. And he passed gracefully, anonymously, stoically - like he lived. A true gentleman.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ibexsig
posted Hide Post
His lyrics got me through High School. They helped me in tough times. I have read some of his books and had all their albums. I had no idea he had cancer. Truly a loss.

Posts: 315 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great music and great times.

Had a friend who thought they worked with the devil. How else could 3 guys make so much music. He went awol to eat mushrooms in the desert after reading Carlos Castaneda's books.

Those were the days. I put on Moving Pictures in tribute.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer:
Imagine him, John Bonham, Buddy Rich and Ginger Baker sitting around arguing about how good of a drummer Ginger Baker is, lol.

Actually, they'd all be complimenting Chick Webb on how he influenced them.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
My favorite... Frown

RIP

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Had heard that the R40 tour would be the last so I sprung for VIP tickets and took my son. RIP Neil.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post