SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Egg - deep fry. Completely unimportant question of curiousity
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Egg - deep fry. Completely unimportant question of curiousity Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
You can soft and hard boil an egg in water.

What happens if you deep fry it (say 300F oil)? Bad things happen? Nothing interest - same as boiling? Good stuff?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Probably bust open and asplode

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I've heard people use a pressure cooker for eggs to get the right creamy texture and also make it easier to peel.

Haven't heard any one put eggs in a fryer. So was wondering.

Explode eh. Bad thing.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I've heard people use a pressure cooker for eggs to get the right creamy texture and also make it easier to peel.

Haven't heard any one put eggs in a fryer. So was wondering.

Explode eh. Bad thing.

COFTT

(cook one for the team)
let us know how it turns out

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Doh!
He melted his Thermapen to the pot LOL! (see at 35-36 second mark)
It even left a tiny little bit of yellow plastic stuck the pan rim.

And bad form anyway, resting the sensor on the pan bottom instead of suspended in the oil.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great breakfast idea this Thanksgiving to go with the fried turkey.

Posts: 3519 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Interesting.....

posted Hide Post
I would think they'd be complete that nasty griddle or tough filmy texture they get if you cook them at too high of a heat and nasty.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I've always had questions about using a pressure cooker. You start timing your cooking after steam has already been coming out for ten minutes. Seems like the total time would be excessive.

quote:
He melted his Thermapen to the pot LOL!

Not to mention almost sticking his entire head in the pot of hot oil. And then never gave us a close shot of the finished product.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
We need to get Myth Busters to have a properly trained government expert fry-cook, wearing safety gear, drop a couple eggs in their shells into a hot deep fryer. While everyone else observes from behind a plexiglas screen 100 yards away.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
We need to get Myth Busters to have a properly trained government expert fry-cook, wearing safety gear, drop a couple eggs in their shells into a hot deep fryer. While everyone else observes from behind a plexiglas screen 100 yards away.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I am disappoint.

posted Hide Post
This looks way more appealing. I'll give it a shot this afternoon. I hope this video works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxPexp2XiU

Posts: 432 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post