SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's hard to be a parent
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's hard to be a parent Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I agree completely. Yesterday was the first day that I publicly popped my little girl. It didn't hurt her at all but killed me. I'm normally the more lenient parent.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Balze, that picture isn't in Sienna is it?

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Balze, that picture isn't in Sienna is it?

No, that's in Guérande, France. A pretty cool medieval town a few hours drive south of where my wife is from.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Ive had these situations to a much lesser degree, as my kids are still so young. But i cant imagine they get easier with age.

Hang in there. Best wishes from me, Brother!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Ive had these situations to a much lesser degree, as my kids are still so young. But i cant imagine they get easier with age.

Hang in there. Best wishes from me, Brother!

Thank you, Porter. It was so hard to watch a typically manly man sob in his hands. I wanted so bad to rescue him. He's better today. Emotionally he toggles between a few sensations - regret, shame, frustration, sorrow and resolve. This will be interesting to watch. I have confidence he will make more careful choices now.

Balze, I love that pic!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
My oldest is a freshman, just 15. I'm still working the balance. Recently I had to pull the parent card and eject him out of a bad situation he refused to leave himself because of the macho "don't be a quitter" mantra. Now the lesson is recognizing when pride is fucking with you.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i am the guy with the screaming kid on his shoulder walking out of the department store or the amusement park or the restaurant i would give her three strikes you're out home we go no day of fun it didn't take to long before she caught on she is 21 now and and a 4.0 student in college believe me it sucked more for me because i wanted to have a fun day

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post