SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For a guy that hates cell phones...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For a guy that hates cell phones... Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I'm finding some pretty useful apps.

Grocery chain we always shop at has a smart phone app they've been bugging me to try. Finally downloaded it just to shut them the hell up.

Went shopping today and while SWMBO was breaking the bank, I dug out the phone and scanned through their online coupons, "clipping" the ones for products I know we use.

Get to the checkout, they scan a barcode off my phone and it automatically finds and deducts any coupons I have "clipped" that match up, plus gives me an automatic discount on any store brand stuff we buy.

Saved about $6 which ain't much in the overall scheme of things, but it was pretty painless. No digging through a sheaf of coupons to see which ones qualify, no trying to remember if we bought such-and-such. Just scan the phone, scan the groceries and take what ya get.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Finally downloaded it just to shut them the hell up.
Yeah, like that ever works!

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
quote:
Finally downloaded it just to shut them the hell up.
Yeah, like that ever works!

True. Now I get a weekly email with their Special Deals for Members.

Sigh.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
For WalMart and Krogers you can order your groceries on line, drive over and park, read Sig Forum and they will bring them out to your car. Pretty cool if you dont like walking the isles. And, if you got a Tesla, WalMart has the chargers installed in their parking lot. Just plug in and swipe your plastic. Now if you got a ol' fashion internal combustion engine, you'll want to gather up Kroger points and get your fuel discount. Those can really add up.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found a great one last week.

For android phones,
Range buddy Pro

For Iphones
Sub MOA.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
For WalMart and Krogers you can order your groceries on line, drive over and park, read Sig Forum and they will bring them out to your car. Pretty cool if you dont like walking the isles. And, if you got a Tesla, WalMart has the chargers installed in their parking lot. Just plug in and swipe your plastic. Now if you got a ol' fashion internal combustion engine, you'll want to gather up Kroger points and get your fuel discount. Those can really add up.

We take advantage of the curbside service at our grocery store (HEB). My wife will get it all entered & paid, and I'll stop to pick up on my way home from work.
Quick & painless, and a lot easier than carting 2 kids through the store for an hour.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15309 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saved about $6 which ain't much in the overall scheme of things

times 4 shopping trips, that's a box of nine mil per month!

BiNgO !

Side bar:

the only problem I see is that taking the phone in the store with you part.

if you never ,ever turn in to "that guy" , I guess it's ok

you know the guy , you've seen him.

"that guy" spends the whole time,on the phone, asking his wife what brand, what size, regular? or diet? big green box? or little blue box?

he takes pictures of the lettuce , for her to make sure it's ok to buy. then he wants to know if he should charge it or pay cash ! Mad Mad Mad

I want to carry a wiffle bat w/ me to straighten these guys out

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
For WalMart and Krogers you can order your groceries on line, drive over and park, read Sig Forum and they will bring them out to your car.

Just don't dare take bendable's parking spot. Wink

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am over it ,I found out that if you are there by 0820, there is never a problem,

not on week ends not on holidays , not when it's sunny or warm , ever.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now if you got a ol' fashion internal combustion engine, you'll want to gather up Kroger points and get your fuel discount. Those can really add up.

I use the Kroger card to get a price reduction on their gas which is usually 3 cents a gallon. They usually have the lowest gas prices in Charlottesville except for Costco And Sams.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
We just love getting behind you cell phone couponers in the checkout line.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I value my privacy too much. I'll happily spend the extra $6.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:

I did all my "couponing" well out of traffic lanes while waiting on my wife to reappear from the depths of the frozen food section.

Checkout was actually faster because all the checker had to do was scan the barcode on my phone screen and the store's computer did the rest.

So THERE! Pffffffffbbbbbbbttttttttttt! Big Grin

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:

I did all my "couponing" well out of traffic lanes while waiting on my wife to reappear from the depths of the frozen food section.

Checkout was actually faster because all the checker had to do was scan the barcode on my phone screen and the store's computer did the rest.

So THERE! Pffffffffbbbbbbbttttttttttt! Big Grin

Did you get any Lemon meringue pie?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
You are probably the only one considerate enough to do that. The rest couldn't care less if they hold up the line forever. I'm sure the other customers were thankful.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
@SunsetVA: I get lemon meringue pie from time to time, but it's HOME MADE not that frozen shit.