SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Here's a chance, celebrities. Have a heart...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's a chance, celebrities. Have a heart... Login/Join 
posted
Watch the video. Send this kid a message and follow through for Christmas.

"A heartbreaking video of a young boy pleading to be left alone by bullies has gone viral and celebrities are offering him their support.

Keaton Jones, of Knoxville, Tennessee, asked his mother, Kimberly Jones, a question that so many people would like the answer too.

'Just out of curiosity, why do they bully? What's the point of it? Why do you find joy in taking innocent people and finding a way to be mean to them,' Keaton asked his mother through tears. 'It's not okay,' he said.

His mother then asked: 'What did they say to you?'

'They make fun of my nose. They call me ugly. They say I have no friends,' Keaton answered as tears poured from his eyes.

'What did they do to you at lunch?' his mom asked.

Keaton replied: 'Poured milk on me and put ham down my clothes. Threw bread at me.'

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad.

But I think a heart attack letter from the family lawyer to all the parents of those kids involved including the principal and possibly the school board putting them on legal notice that unless it’s stopped yesterday, you may be in a legal morass would probly have it stopped pdq. My 4th grade son is kinda chunky for his age and a bit socially awkward. He came home crying one day last spring saying some kid was riding him everyday about his weight and clothes. After grilling him to make very sure he was not instigating, I sent a polite but firm email to the principal and his teacher and the teacher of the offending kid ( we had her for another grade previously) that we would like it addressed ASAP. Guess what, by end of next day offending kid had been called into principals office as well as his parents notified by the principal and Apology was made to my kid. No problem with that kid since.

Bullying is one of the hot button issues schools have these days. I don’t think kids should resort to violence I can appreciate somebody defending themself if nobody will protect them especially after giving formal notice to school officials. I also don’t want my kid to be around when some other kid decides to go postal at the school cafeteria despite how much some bully may deserve getting his.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I'm not that old, but once upon a time these issues were not dealt with administratively. Maybe that's the problem.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I'm not that old, but once upon a time these issues were not dealt with administratively. Maybe that's the problem.

Unfortunately, not every kid has the physical abilities to deal with it that way, and their parents don't care or aren't around.

My dad was being bullied by an older kid once, grandpa took him to the kids house and told the other dad they were going to finish it.
When the other kids dad didn't like that idea, grandad whipped him in his own driveway. It was a different time back then for sure.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I missed it. Didn't realize that another thread on the subject was open.

Here, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5870034434

Kindly consider directing your comments to the original thread.

My apology to the forum.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:

In my day they were. As in if you were caught picking on kids, the Principal would administer an ass beating you would not soon forget.

And no, they didn't call your parents. Of course, in those days, I'd take the ass beating any day and twice on Sunday if it would avoid a call home to my parents.

But look at all the progress we're making with modern education and discipline. Frown

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I say leave the kids that do this stuff alone....then go pound the shit out of their parents. It has to start with the ones the kids learn from! Can you tell I’m frustrated by this crap?

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am assuming that SIGforum's relevant people do not want this thread closed.

So, here's an example of how two seemingly diverse interests can have a meeting of the minds to try to stop bullying and abuse.

Here in Pasco County, Florida, a program has been implemented to control and ultimately eradicate bullying and abuse in schools. The Superintendent of Pasco County Schools, Kurt Browning (R) and the United School Employees of Pasco (D) agreed on such a program.

I do not know if this program is exclusive to Pasco County. I do not know if there are any variations out there. I do know that it involves extensive regulations, admittedly common sense, of a good faith effort to find common ground and purpose.

Every Pasco School teacher and employee is required to proactively take corrective measures whenever they have knowledge of bullying and abuse. If not, the District, school, teacher and/or employee will be held liable. Consequences can include the immediate firing of the teacher or employee.

The program relies on accountability. Both personal and organizational.

Again, as always, details are relevant. But the scheme does provide a semblance of correctness that seems elusive in other jurisdictions.

I do not know if this scheme is common in the country or as rare as hen's teeth. But as those who have experience with being "bitten" by a chicken, you know full well that the spurs come right after.

I needed to share the information after my wife watched the video and appraised me of it.

Be proactive and pass the word. Further information can be obtained by contacting either the Office of the Pasco County (Florida) School System or the United School Employees of Pasco Union.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

When I was in high school (back before dirt) I was bullied by a small group of guys because I was not part of their group, and spent little time doing anything related to school except study.

Reason? I was working after school, weekends, etc to pay room and board to live at home. Long story there.

One of the bullies stabbed me in the leg with a long thorn from a tree that grew behind the school. He made a big mistake. He did it while we were going up a stair case to the 3rd floor.

I felt the pain, looked down saw the blood and the asshole laughing. I punched him in the mouth, knocked him downstairs, knocked him down the next flight down to the ground floor. His head came to rest on the principal's foot.

Next stop, principal's office. I explained, he saw the 6 inch long thorn, the blood and then made a decision. He chewed out the asshole, told both of us to go back to class.

Situation over. No more bullying from the asshole who stuck me or any of his friends.

Had that happened today, I would probably be under arrest. No, there were no racial issues involved.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wrote about this a couple of years ago. It's a different world today.

I was bullied twice by the same kid in high school. Inexplicably, somebody conned him one day into following him to the side of the church in the school grounds. Left side, no one else there.

Tiny bits of hair were still there the next day stuck on one of the church's door. It seems the kid was so repentant that he, curiously, had smashed the back of his head forcefully against the door. Weird what some people can do.

I don't recall ever seeing him again. No thrice, no dice.

But the kid in the video glaringly lacks "malice". He's just a good soul, a virtuous spirit. And that's why watching the video makes it so heart-rending.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
When I was a little kid, I was bullied by another kid in the neighborhood. On the advice of my dad, I punched my way out of that problem. He never bothered me again. I learned from that experience.

Later, I stood up for a kid in high school who was being bullied. A couple of days later, the three bullies cornered me in the bathroom. I grinned at them and asked which one wanted to be first.

They left, and the problem was solved. Bullies are fundamentally cowards. They can be shamed, and they can be defeated.

Bullying is terrible, and can cause lifelong scars on kids. I'm very glad to see that something is being done.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post