SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Uniformed officer asked to leave 'gun-free' Outback Steakhouse because of service weapon- UPDATE
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uniformed officer asked to leave 'gun-free' Outback Steakhouse because of service weapon- UPDATE Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
several pretty much were like "she screwed up...let's not make more of this than it is"...

Now, what fun is that‽
If we can’t get someone fired and on unemployment with their kids hungry, in rags, and with no iPhones over a trivial lapse in judgment, it’s hardly worth clicking on the story.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
several pretty much were like "she screwed up...let's not make more of this than it is"...

Now, what fun is that‽
If we can’t get someone fired and on unemployment with their kids hungry, in rags, and with no iPhones over a trivial lapse in judgment, it’s hardly worth clicking on the story.

Big Grin

Outback in our area has decent food, service and prices for what they serve, though it has been a while since we’ve visited- there’s better local food, imho. Husband ALWAYS carries wherever we go (unless it’s out of country).
The LEO accepted the apology, appears to be ignoring the drama, and is moving forward. Me, too.
But I’d love to hear if that “patron” tries it again somewhere else.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something else to consider:
Given the social climate today, maybe inviting your wife to join you while uniformed on duty in a restaurant is not the wisest move. If something does happen, she is square in the middle of it.
I don't think I would have done this.
Minimal risk? Maybe.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Something else to consider:
Given the social climate today, maybe inviting your wife to join you while uniformed on duty in a restaurant is not the wisest move. If something does happen, she is square in the middle of it.
I don't think I would have done this.
Minimal risk? Maybe.

That's a good point. That angle hadn't occurred to me.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
He should have told her to shhh,
he was there on a steak out....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post