SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    18-Hour Sous Vide & Wood Fire Rotisserie Leg of Lamb
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

18-Hour Sous Vide & Wood Fire Rotisserie Leg of Lamb Login/Join 
posted
Started with a 9# boneless leg of American lamb. Rubbed it down with Big Poppa Smokers Desert Gold, herbs de provence, black pepper, and kosher salt. Vacuum bagged it up with a little EVOO, copious amounts of minced garlic and shallots. 18 hours in the hot tub at 131F. Outta the bag and patted dry, then a quick spin on the kettle rotisserie over a ripping hot pile of lump, apple, and pecan to crust up the exterior.

Made a nice au jus from the strained bag liquids and some veggie stock. Served with wild rice, asparagus w/ red onions sautéed off in some homemade butter, and glazed baby carrots.

Everything was outstanding, but next time I'll take the netting off the leg, unroll it, get the rub, seasonings, herbs, and garlic inside as well, before trussing it back up. That would definitely take the leg to the next level. I was just too tired to do it the other night.

Sorry for no plated pics, but you didn't come to see the vegetables, didjya?!? Happy Resurrection Day y'all!

-Chris & family

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
OMG that looks fantastic and bets are it tastes even better! Well done!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16210 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Damn, I'm coming over next year. What should I bring?

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mint jelly, I forgot mine. And beer. Good beer!

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I do love a nice piece of lamb. Looks delicious.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm stuffed to the gills from all the food I ate today, and can't believe how hungry those pics made me.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Looks divine! No protection? Tsk, tsk...

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, there isn't anything like a good leg of lamb:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

No protection needed. Nobody in their right mind comes anywhere near my place; too many small children!

Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Thanks guys!

No protection needed. Nobody in their right mind comes anywhere near my place; too many small children!

At least put a knife next to the goods, or a skewer! Meal protection is a SiGForum tradition. Don't break it Wink

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Mint jelly, I forgot mine. And beer. Good beer!

NOooooo - Mint Sauce only! It's vinegar based, we get ours from the "ethnic" section at publix. It's from the U.K.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
That does look fantastic,I have only had a lamb chop one time on a Delta flight home from Frankfort Germany.
They mixed up the dinner I had ordered and I thought it was porkchop,It was good.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Why? Why did I open this thread?

Need. Lamb...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That looks and sounds great.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you know what kind of time conversion for a smaller cut?

Did you get this from a site that might have it?

I'd like to try it.

Posts: 2772 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post