SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Your iPhone not charging?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Your iPhone not charging? Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I do OK with just a fan. I have my Dyson cranked up to 6. My unit does not have AC, but stays on the cool side most of the time. I can usually stand the heat pretty well for a couple days.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have heat waves like anywhere. What's happening now is breaking records, however.

Over the many years here, getting used to the heat, especially when you have a job that requires working outdoors, wasn't as difficult as dealing with the humidity. Many nights here in South Florida on an average see 90º but when the humidity can be cut with a knife it gets uncomfortable. Thank God for a/c!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
I do OK with just a fan. I have my Dyson cranked up to 6. My unit does not have AC, but stays on the cool side most of the time. I can usually stand the heat pretty well for a couple days.

Ah, I see- a stoic Big Grin. Now it’s making more sense to me.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Headhunter
Picture of SPSHOOTER
posted Hide Post
My iPhone stopped charging and it turned out to be lint in the charging port. Take a good look and if it looks like it is obstructed, power it down and use and small light brush to work it out. DO NOT use canned air or a blower. You can blow in it using a small bulb dust blower.

My $.02
SPSHOOTER

Posts: 1513 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPSHOOTER:
My iPhone stopped charging and it turned out to be lint in the charging port. Take a good look and if it looks like it is obstructed, power it down and use and small light brush to work it out. DO NOT use canned air or a blower. You can blow in it using a small bulb dust blower.

My $.02
SPSHOOTER

I just use a wooden toothpick. No need to power down and it works for me on my iPhone.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Kevin, do you use a wireless charger for the iPhone 8? I have one for the X but still find myself using the wired connection for charging. I did however notice when using the wireless charger the iPhone did seem to warm up more than usual when using the cable.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
A wireless charger certainly makes more heat when charging than a cable charger.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I have a wireless charger and numerous wired chargers. They all shut down during the heat. Actually it's not the charger it's the phone itself, which is still charging, just not above 84% (unless I put the fan on it).

EDIT: The temps are a little down today, and the iPhone 8 is charging normally now.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flyboyrv6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
Have you tried digging lint out of the charging port? I used a toothpick to pick a wad of lint from my 6+ and it’s like a different phone, charging wise.

This cured my charging problem... I blew the lint out with a can of compressed air.

Posts: 828 | Registered: January 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Gaaaahhhh 73 degrees inside is bordering on time to get a hotel room until this AC is fixed for me.

There are two types of people in this world.

-equator folk and Eskimo people. I am the latter. Smile

97 degrees and no AC, might as was just set me on fire it would be quicker and cooler. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Gaaaahhhh 73 degrees inside is bordering on time to get a hotel room until this AC is fixed for me.

There are two types of people in this world.

-equator folk and Eskimo people. I am the latter. Smile

97 degrees and no AC, might as was just set me on fire it would be quicker and cooler. Razz

I'm with you. A/C is set to 70° for me.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post