SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gunna be a fun afternoon.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunna be a fun afternoon. Login/Join 
Picture of C-Dubs
posted
Not every day do I get a chance to go pick up a kilobuck of libations.

Our tech director is retiring today, so we're kicking back a few. As I had both a corporate card and a pickup, I was chosen the beer run.

Miller Lite, Sierra Nevada Torpedo, Bell's Two-Hearted ale, 6 cases of wine and a dozen or so 2-liters of soda.

Just thought I'd share.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
kungfu girl is a nice choice, especially for about 9 a bottle.

looks like fun

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
You're gonna need more Two Hearted Ale and Sierra Nevada... and less Fleischmann's Gin?... Razz

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
You're gonna need more Two Hearted Ale and Sierra Nevada... and less Fleischmann's Gin?... Razz

yep

2 hearted is the bomb

torpedo is not bad either

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Looks like a pretty good Friday night.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Forgot a couple cases of ballast point Sculpin.
Good stuff.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
Good stuff.

Yeah, Sculpin is great, but the 2 hearted is no slouch either...it will do!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I went to the grocery store the other day to buy a 1.75L jug of R&R. (Yeah...I know...it's close enough to Crown and one whole hell of a lot cheaper, so....)

The cashier said, "do you want to just buy a case?"

I thought, "No...I'm OK with this." And then she informed me that I'd get a bottle free with a case. Roughly $20/bottle and $100/case (6/each).

Sold!

I'm good for a week or so. Big Grin

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Yea buddy!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
1st time trying the Ballast Point Sculpin, and I must say, I enjoyed that one.

At $12 a 6-pack, it might not be my usual, but it was damned good.

posted Hide Post
Today/tonight may be fun, but by the looks of things, tomorrow morning is gunna suck!!!

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try the grapefruit Sculpin too. I see you also picked up bottled water...the Miller Lite

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Try the grapefruit Sculpin too. I see you also picked up bottled water...the Miller Lite

Razz
Not as watery as coors light, but yes, pretty weak. They were planning ahead. We're about 50:50 guys:gals in our lab

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Enjoy!!!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Who gets to take home the leftovers?

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good stuff.

+1 one of my favorites.

Surprised that you did not have any New Glarus Spotted Cow.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leftovers....hahaha!

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mkueffer:
quote:
Good stuff.

+1 one of my favorites.

Surprised that you did not have any New Glarus Spotted Cow.

Funny thing...our company is headquartered in Illinois, so the order was placed for pickup at an Illinois distributor, and of course New Glarus is only available here in Wisconsin.