SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Sirius/XM deals out there?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Sirius/XM deals out there? Login/Join 
posted
So the 3 month subscription is about to be up in Mrs. 94hokie's ride, anybody know of any deals available? Thanks.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Call them and talk to them. See what they're offering then decline it, see if they start wheelin' and dealin'

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
They will offer me $99 a year right off the bat but I decline. I've been paying $5 month for years but I have to play the "I'm going to cancel if I don't get the 5 months for $25 promo rate" game to get that rate. Have to make a phone call before the promo period expires or my account automatically goes to reg price.

I put a note in my daily planner and call a couple days before exp date. Takes about 5 minutes.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I've been on the lifetime subscription for maybe 9 years now (expires if I ever sell my 4Runner). Hoping we can work something out as that is a must have for her.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 94hokie:
Yeah I've been on the lifetime subscription for maybe 9 years now (expires if I ever sell my 4Runner). Hoping we can work something out as that is a must have for her.

I have had a lifetime subscription for the past 10 or 12 years, and I'm pretty certain I get to change radios 3 times. Still on my first radio, so I can't verify the policy, and it's possible they changed the terms on lifetime subscriptions, but you certainly want to give them a call. Wouldn't be much of a "lifetime" offer if you couldn't change radios, but Sirius/XM is not known for their fair dealing.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I'm due next month. I always get the $99 plus taxes deal. No way I'm paying the 250 they want to renew at with their lousy service up here. I have dropouts every few minutes.

The local FM stations are better than Sirius but I keep it for the trips back to NJ which I really don't make that often.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
They will offer me $99 a year right off the bat but I decline. I've been paying $5 month for years but I have to play the "I'm going to cancel if I don't get the 5 months for $25 promo rate" game to get that rate. Have to make a phone call before the promo period expires or my account automatically goes to reg price.

I put a note in my daily planner and call a couple days before exp date. Takes about 5 minutes.

This. Wash, clean, repeat. Although I always forget to call on my calendar until a couple days later and they squeeze a couple days out of me every time.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:

This. Wash, clean, repeat. Although I always forget to call on my calendar until a couple days later and they squeeze a couple days out of me every time.

Yep. That's how the game is played. Fortunately for me, my CC is compromised at least once a year, so they never have a current card to re-bill at the full rate. They'll let it go about a month before cutting off the radio.

When they start calling, I complain about the following:

1) Being billed at the full monthly rate for that extra month when they're the ones that didn't cut off my signal;

2) Paying $XXX.xx (current rate) per year when I only listen to half a dozen channels; and

3) The fact that the main channel I listen to (XM Patriot / 125) has more commercials than content.

By the time I've convinced them that I'm actually going to cancel my subscription after 10+ years, and being put on hold at least twice (to check with the supervisor to see what they can do for me), I end up paying about $5/mo.

You just have to know how to play the game. I don't think anyone actually pays the published price.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Out here, Unless You enjoy shit kickin' Cowboy music...SIRIUS is an absolute must have. We luckily did the lifetime on my 2010 Pilot, which I intend to keep for at least 2-3 more years.

The subscription expires in the new Camaro, end of November, so I need to do the haggling I guess.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
quote:
Originally posted by 94hokie:

I have had a lifetime subscription for the past 10 or 12 years, and I'm pretty certain I get to change radios 3 times. Still on my first radio, so I can't verify the policy, and it's possible they changed the terms on lifetime subscriptions, but you certainly want to give them a call. Wouldn't be much of a "lifetime" offer if you couldn't change radios, but Sirius/XM is not known for their fair dealing.

A buddy has the same. Sirius told him the same thing - three radios. Then he pulled out the original paperwork which has no mention of the number of radios, just that the service cannot be transferred.

If you have your original p-work, you might want to look at it. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was the 3 radio swap, with the caveat that if any were factory installed radios that counted as the final swap. Will see what I find out in a few more weeks one hers expires. Thanks guys.