SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Growlers.... Rack'm Up
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Growlers.... Rack'm Up Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
We have a both beer stores and grocery stores who refill growlers here. I am lucky/unlucky enough to live within walking distance of oneSmile

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
I'm living a poor, pathetic, sheltered life...I have never heard of them until this thread.

Apparently not very popular here in Texas, or at least in years past. My roommate from North Dakota had two that he'd brought to Corpus Christi while we were in flight school. When he asked me where he could get them filled up I had to ask what was supposed to go in them.

Lone Star and Pearl Lite never gave customers the option for buying their products this way, so how would we have known what they were?

Whole Foods fills growlers, and they're a Texas-founded buisness.

Sheesh, and people talk stuff about Austin all the time.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I use growlers occasionally. I wish more brewers would go the way of the 32oz crowler though. Keeps the beer fresh longer and no worries about breaking.

You can typically take your 32 oz "grenade" to any tap house and get it filled just like a growler. It just costs about half since it is half size.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
I use growlers occasionally. I wish more brewers would go the way of the 32oz crowler though. Keeps the beer fresh longer and no worries about breaking.

You can typically take your 32 oz "grenade" to any tap house and get it filled just like a growler. It just costs about half since it is half size.

My 64oz -ers don't last but one night.
Two if that particular beer doesn't go well with whatever we're snacking on.

But for shits & giggles I had three growlers filled last weekend.
Drank two & saved one for this weekend just to see if it'd be flat...

It's not flat!!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The 32oz growlers are what I use most of the time. I'm referring to Crowlers with a C though. They're basically small canning machines that use 32oz cans. Stay fresher, longer cause they're sealed tight and light isn't an issue.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
My buddy I served with in the Corps owns Mason Jar Brewery in Menifee, Calif.
They just got Crowlers. I'd never heard of them prior to that.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
If you don't open it, it's fine for practically forever. Once you do, it's done

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Here in northern Jersey, the Liquor Factory sells them with your choice of beer. Then its just the refill cost.

Years ago I bought a growler from DeGroans Brwery located in Baltimores inner harbor area. It was a marzen; so good. It is pretty ornate with a.porcelain flip top.

I also have a nice one from Cricket Hill. They have some good beer too.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The 32oz growlers are what I use most of the time. I'm referring to Crowlers with a C though. They're basically small canning machines that use 32oz cans. Stay fresher, longer cause they're sealed tight and light isn't an issue.

Ok, I'm tracking, I haven't heard the "crowler" before. Yeah, the 32 oz canning machines are a really smart innovation. 2 pints to go and the customer doesn't have to travel around with a glass growler or grenade or pay an extra $5 plus for a container if they don't have one with them. Every tap room and micro brewery tasting room should have that option imo.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post