SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Groups using Super Bowl in push against Confederate statues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Groups using Super Bowl in push against Confederate statues Login/Join 
posted
And in this weeks episode of "Erasing History" or "Let's be more like the Taliban"

"A coalition of civil rights groups in Atlanta is using this year's Super Bowl to help kick off a renewed "war on the Confederacy," in a fight to remove Confederate monuments around the nation"

https://apnews.com/6b610f9ffdc643dd958436bfbd4c4eef

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Will they go after the Democratic Party with the same vigor if they are told it supported slavery, Jim Crow Laws and Racism for hundreds of years?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will they go after the Democratic Party with the same vigor if they are told it supported slavery, Jim Crow Laws and Racism for hundreds of years?

Why let facts ruin an agenda? These idiots are as bad as the asshats that claim that the Holocaust never occurred. I'm surprised the mental midgets aren't equating confederate statues to those of Stalin or Saddam.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Griggs added. “We cannot have a united country until we remove the symbols that divide this country.”

Does that include statues of Vladimir Lenin?
I’d bet there are certain descendants of the Souix nation that would like for certain statues to Union soldiers like George Armstrong Custer be included in that too. Heck, it offends me too that there is going to be statues of Barack H. Obama around too, so don’t we need to get rid of those too? The problem with all this is you can either accept that history happened and learn from it, or you can try to crawl into your safe place and try to deny it ever happened and learn nothing.

Fortunately for me, I had no plans to watch a bunch of self indulgent kneelers play a game and make stupid amounts of money.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job. Let alienate those that still watch NFL football!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

But..but.. the two parties switched sides! Somehow, the Republicans are the KKK racists, and the Democrats are the anti-slavery party!

I've had Democrats "explain" this to me. Roll Eyes

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Screw these people. They're basically an "American Taliban" SPLC is among the worst of these!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Unuseful idjits...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But yet, they continue to fight tooth and nail to keep the Pancho Villa statue in Tucson.

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
"The coalition intends to bring its message to fans who will pour into Atlanta for Super Bowl 53 on Feb. 3."

Am I the only one who thinks most Super Bowl fans would tell the coalition to go pound sand?

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
There was no "insurrection" as listed previous. Those men were fighting for their country. Most Confederate soldiers did not own slaves. Also most monuments to Confererate soldiers are on land owned by state and local governments. This was by design so as to pay tribute to their sacrifice. I cannot post here my true feelings concerning those that want to erase history. It would get me banned from this forum for life.
SCV

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post